Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Capaldi Racing

Thread: exhaust leak?

TEAM Member

Default exhaust leak?

After i put my F2 header and flex pipe on i have this sound. it sound just like an exhaust leak. But i have had many deff. people look at the car and know one can find a leak. has any body had this same thing happen to them? i didnt change my gasket. wherr then header and head meet. Could this be the problem? The exhasut might not be leaking until its under a hard load? is this something that could happen? Thanks for all help..this sound is killing me! ive been chasing it for over a week..

Default Re: exhaust leak?

ive heard that the f2 flex pipe doesnt give enough resulting in flex pipe and header joint having a leaking issue under hard throttle. mite want to check that spot out. i know my OBX had a leak there when i removed it.
    2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
    FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
    Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

New Sedan Build thread! Check it out! - http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/sho....php?tid=22018

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
    COBB AP2, FSW intake, H&R coilovers, JBR 88a RMM, Magnaflow exhaust, FRPP short shifter, FRPP snorkel
    256whp/338wtq

my f2 header constantly blew out the gaskets on the flex pipe. Super annoying. you'll need to take it apart to see if that's the culprit.
    Power: electric supercharger, tornado intake, cherry bomb muffler, platinum cross fire plugs (more to come)

^^ and if thats the case, a friend of mine just got a 2.5" flex pipe made for him, and no more gasket issues! his is on a 09 SES
    2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
    FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
    Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

New Sedan Build thread! Check it out! - http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/sho....php?tid=22018

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
    COBB AP2, FSW intake, H&R coilovers, JBR 88a RMM, Magnaflow exhaust, FRPP short shifter, FRPP snorkel
    256whp/338wtq

TEAM Member

So how do you fix the problem? New flex pipe? I have already put a gasket there.

Mine does the same thing. I am pretty sure it is the flexpipe. I already called Ricardo and he is looking into it.
    2010 Blue Flame Focus SES Sedan 5sp. Loaded 139 WHP 135 WTQ
    F2 Header, FSWerks Stealth Exhaust, Steeda STS, Steeda rear mount, FSWerks CAI, FRPP Suspension, Saleen Sway Bars, HID headlights/foglights
    04 Sonic Blue Ranger XLT Ext. Cab 4x4 4.0 M/T
    Magnaflow Split Rear Exhaust, K&N Intake, Tune by Hypnotic, Lund Racerback, Westin Brush Guard .

TEAM Member

i have the same problem on my 04, i think its the flex pipe, from the back of the flex to the first piece of the exhaust. on my roush exhaust it kept doin it so to eliminiate the possibility of the exhaust system being the problem i picked up a focus sport system and it still does it.

super annoying, ricardo said he was going to get me another flex pipe but havent heard back from him yet on it
    2004 Liquid Grey Roush ZX3|

You want REAL, QUALITY performance go wit FSWerks

TEAM Member

Ok thanks for the info.