Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

OVERBOOST

TEAM Member

Lightbulb How to properly wash a car.

I am working on a guide to proper car washing, though it may be some time before I am finished. It will be good, don't worry, I am going to pack this thing full with as much pertinent info as possible. For now, these articles are a good start to proper vehicle appearance maintenance.

How to Properly Wash and Dry a Car

Automotive Paint is Delicate - Don't Touch it!!

The Grit-Guard 2x4 Wash Method

Facebook: DreamDetail & POLISHANGEL® USA
    US Distributor of POLISHANGEL®

Default Re: How to properly wash a car.

This is excellent
    Matt C.
    2012 deep impact blue titanium sedan with the DCT. Built 07-09-2012
    2013 sterling grey se hatchback with appearance package and manual trans. Built 08-27-2012. Both delivered 10-26-2012.

TEAM Member

Let me know if you have any questions about or beyond what is in the articles

VERY awesome write-up!!! I've been diving heavily into the detailing world over the last few years... and with companies like Chemical Guys and Griot's who offer great online video tutorials and forums like AutoGeek and Detailer's Domain the learning is ENDLESS! I appreciate the information here and will surly use it this year. I enjoy reading and learning as much as I can... and I'd like to use it more and more on the cars around me. It's difficult however in this small town, I wanted to help out other car enthusiasts but most don't find cleaning and detailing a car "properly" very high on their priority list. For myself, it just then makes my freshly detailed and clean cars stand out all that much more!

TEAM Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCPunk79 View Post
    VERY awesome write-up!!! I've been diving heavily into the detailing world over the last few years... and with companies like Chemical Guys and Griot's who offer great online video tutorials and forums like AutoGeek and Detailer's Domain the learning is ENDLESS! I appreciate the information here and will surly use it this year. I enjoy reading and learning as much as I can... and I'd like to use it more and more on the cars around me. It's difficult however in this small town, I wanted to help out other car enthusiasts but most don't find cleaning and detailing a car "properly" very high on their priority list. For myself, it just then makes my freshly detailed and clean cars stand out all that much more!
    Nice man!! I bet as more people see how good your car looks, they will want to do the same!

I am with a VW group which, at first, wasn't all that interested in detailing or even cleaning their cars!! Now, after detailing a few of their cars, the interest is growing dramatically and I am even looking at running a free seminar on proper washing techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamDetail View Post
    Nice man!! I bet as more people see how good your car looks, they will want to do the same!

I am with a VW group which, at first, wasn't all that interested in detailing or even cleaning their cars!! Now, after detailing a few of their cars, the interest is growing dramatically and I am even looking at running a free seminar on proper washing techniques.
    That's the kind of thing I'm trying to set up here... A friend of mine and myself want to do something of a "tuner" car show in our town. Our car shows are usually "American Muscle car" showdowns and the kind of cars I own (Civic SI, VW GTI, Evo IX) are not even noticed in my town. The only thing that really makes them stand out is just how amazingly clean they are. With doing a "tuner car show" I also wanted to do some type of "seminar" or "showing" of some of the unique detailing products that I've seen and used over the course of the last few years... I'm just appalled by the number of people who don't know what a microfiber towel is!?!? I'm hoping to spread the world of detailing, and if I could, even make a dollar or two by helping others learn.

I used to think my detailing ideas and my treatment of my cars was just an obsessive compulsive, but there are SO many others out there just like me who have this passion for treating their cars the way they deserve to be treated! It's exactly that, a passion. Some "car enthusiasts" get off on having heavy mods to make their car handle better or go faster, but I enjoy the presentation of the car. I may not be able to fully overhaul an engine, but I at least know the proper means and methods of how to wash, clean, detail and maintain a car's proper presentation for years to come!

TEAM Member

Sounds like a good plan