Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

OVERBOOST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ticking Noise coming from wheel?

When I am driving my SVTF and have the window down I notice a ticking sound coming from the front tire area. It sounds like there is a rock or something stuck in the tire, but I checked the tires and nothing is there. To me it sounds like a wheel bearing issue, but I am not really sure. Anyone have any thoughts?

TEAM Member

Default Re: Ticking Noise coming from wheel?

if it happens all the time, take it to Ford. As long as they can reproduce the issue, they can usually find the problem (depending on whether the tech is having a good day I guess too...)

TEAM Member

Most likely a brake part

TEAM Member

how would i know if i had a warped or dented wheel? my steering wheel isn't vibrating or anything like that but when i'm driving i also hear a noise but it's not ticking it's sounds kinda like "whop, whop, whop" it doesn't happen all the time just sometimes kinda weird sound, at first i thought it was road conditions, but then when the road is perfectly flat it still made that noise! if it is a dented or warped wheel is it covered under warranty???

I got the same noise, i just figured it was a rock in my tire, and i never bothered to look for the rock. Time to look into that now.

TEAM Member

I have had this problem for a long time. I thought it was a rock but never found one and then got new tires and its still there. The dealership can never find anything wrong. Its kind of annoying.

Senior TEAM Member

Tighten your lugs.

i have it too...i thought maybe the cv boot...ford says since i put the H&R cup kit on my car, they won't touch it. they are claiming that it's the cup kit making the noise somehow.

Yeah I know there is something going on. However I know I will take it in and then it will not make the noise and then they will say that it is fine. I am taking it in on Friday for something else so I will have them look at it then.

TEAM Member

are you guys that are getting that noise too referring to the " whop, whop whop" sound? or is it a ticking sound you guys getting? if it's the whop sound did any of you that brought it to the dealer get anything fixed?

TEAM Member

I have tick on mine.

Senior TEAM Member

are you guys that are getting that noise too referring to the " whop, whop whop" sound? or is it a ticking sound you guys getting? if it's the whop sound did any of you that brought it to the dealer get anything fixed?
    I got sound you describe and it was from two loose lugs allowing the wheel to move maybe a millimeter.

TEAM Member

I know its not lugs on mine. I torque them down myself everytime a wheel is off.

Hi,
    I had a tick. Right rear. Took a regional SVT tech, and a weeks time, to figure it out. I was told an O-ring had been left off the strut tower. Metal on metal tick. I'm starting to think my car must have been made on a Friday.

bb

Yeah I don't think it is the lug nuts since mine have never been off. Not to mention I checked them when I first got the car and they were torqued down to what they need to be. I am taking the car in tomorrow so I will let everyone know what they say. I am sure that they will not hear it and then say they found nothing wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast