Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tire Rack

Default 2003 ford focus shop service manual

What's a genuine Ford Shop Manual worth?? i can get a "paper" manual (which i prefer over a CD or DVD) for 2003 Focus for $90. i was told it includes information specific to my SVT's. it's red and maybe an 1 1/2 inch thick. is $90 just part of the cost of working on my car myself??

as some of u know, i am pulling the head on my 2002 SVT and primarily need explicit instructions for disasssembly/assembly and especially torques (for such things as the passenger side motor mount!!). i have the head down to just having to take the cams out and then the actual head bolts.

thanks,
    Red Sonja

Default Re: 2003 ford focus shop service manual

I guess it depends on how quickly you need it. You should be able to get one off ebay for less than this if you have the time to wait. You can usually find the wiring manual included as well. Good Luck.
    02 Pitch Black SVT Focus #3321
    Rain X

This one is off ebay. it's a "buy it now" price.

i checked with Helm Inc. who sells factory manuals (according to the ford dealer, this is where they get them from). Helm wants $180 for the same "Workshop Manual". so $90 is half price, but used (which i don't care about).

thanks,
    Red Sonja

Default 2004 manual cheaper??

from the same ebay seller (djsmanuals) has three different "2004 Focus Workshop Manual"s for only $55 !!!

as far as i know there was little to no model year changes between 2003 and 2004. can i get the 2004 manual and be ok???

thanks

Rain X

ya, his starting bid is only $20 but he also wants $10 shipping. the bidding is going for another SIX days, then i would have to wait for shipping... and the bid might easily go to $60 or more.

i need my car finished and out of a friend's garage within a couple of weeks. it wouldn't happen waiting for those.

bummer

Default Re: 2004 manual cheaper??

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Sonja View Post
    from the same ebay seller (djsmanuals) has three different "2004 Focus Workshop Manual"s for only $55 !!!

as far as i know there was little to no model year changes between 2003 and 2004. can i get the 2004 manual and be ok???

thanks

still need to know why i can't just get one of these 2004 Workshop manuals....

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Sonja View Post
    ya, his starting bid is only $20 but he also wants $10 shipping. the bidding is going for another SIX days, then i would have to wait for shipping... and the bid might easily go to $60 or more.
    Which is why I said it depends on how much time you have.

Since the mechanicals of the SVTs are identical for all years, the 2004 manual should work fine. I would think the only differences may be in wire colors.
    Rain X

If you're really in a pinch, you can search the pirate bay for "ford service manual" and download the Ford Technical Information System.

This appears to be a UK product and it is an absolute piece of dung, similar to the Helm CD-ROM manuals. The main viewer application only runs on the Windows platform and was coded in 1994. The interface is straight up Windows 3.11-era and it is awful.

After demoing this product, and getting burned by Helm to the tune of $150 for a similarly crappy 2002 Ford Focus CD-ROM service manual that didn't even include SVT specific info, I would have no qualms whatsoever about downloading this item in a pinch until you can score a decent paper workshop manual from ebay, et al.
    '02 CD Silver SVT

TEAM Member

the US version of the software is easier to find than the euro TIS....
    '04 Infa-Red SVTF. #1772 of 1978, Born on 3/24/2004. Audophile, HID's, Winter Package, and some other things.
    '02 Steel Blue BMW 325i. 5 speed, winter package and no other things.