Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

FSWerks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie

Question Need replacement "T-Bolt" clamp for positive battery cable end! (03 SVTF Hatchback)

I broke this silly part while tightening the cables to my battery. I took the "T-Bolt" clamp to Auto-Zone, but they claim to have never seen anything like it. My local Ford dealership was equally confused over the part and claimed the part had been discontinued.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'm currently using a hose clamp to keep the terminal gripped, but I only consider this a temporary fix.

I'm not really sure what the part is called and it's a bit hard to describe... so I'm posting some pictures. Hopefully someone recognizes this!

As far as I know, these were stock on my 03 SVT Focus 2-Door Hatchback.

I steal money from other Focal Jetters
    Back from sayin' "hi" to Allah and his peeps

Default Re: Need replacement "T-Bolt" clamp for positive battery cable end! (03 SVTF Hatchbac

Do you need just the T-Bolt? I have the T-Bolt, and I believe a good nut to go with it. I can send it out to you, no problems. Cover me with expenses for a small envelope and stamp, and you're good. I'd say $1 on paypal would work. Hit me up on PM for my paypal address and we'll take care of this.
    2003 SVT Focus, very lightly modified at this point.

Rookie

Default Re: Need replacement "T-Bolt" clamp for positive battery cable end! (03 SVTF Hatchbac

Yeah, I just need the the T-Bolt pictured. It's for the positive terminal, if that makes a difference (haven't check yet if the pos/neg t-bolts are different sizes).

Anyhow, that would be great... will PM you now.

Okay, PM sent in reply, I'll send that part out to you, probably tomorrow. Looks like a grand total of $1 on PayPal. Just because that will cover my stamp and envelope. The part is used, and just sitting there, as soon as I get it sent off to you, I'll let you know, and you can paypal me. Thanks, brother! Good to know that my little wrecked FoFo is getting other Foci back on the road again!

Premier Sponsor

The t-bolt isn't discontinued, it was never available as a seperate part.

It comes with a new battery cable.
    Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) Proudly helping forum members build and maintain their vehicles with OEM and Ford Racing parts since 2004.

Now accepting online orders here http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

You can also find us here http://forums.focaljet.com/tousley-ford/

is REALLY worried about very little things... bmylez's Avatar

Good ol' Ford dealerships knowing what they're talking about...n00bs.
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - broken/sold
    2002 Mustang GT - sold
    2002 SVTF - sold
    2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Cursed
    2003 350Z Track - basically stock, and it runs

TEAM Member

When I saw your thread I lol'ed. I spent months trying to find one because I broke mine accidentally.
    I checked all the auto stores - nothing. At the dealership it doesn't even shows up in their system. I've been running with some improvisations I did for a year now.
    Hey Steve, how much would it be with the cable?
    2003 CD Silver SVT ZX-5 - 1939 out of 2173

Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2 svtf02red's Avatar

^^^Oh, you'll love this one - you can only get them both as a set - pos & neg. I think Steve's price on them is under $100, but don't quote me on that. My neg cable was bad, so I just built a new one using a solid brass terminal, copper lugs from Kragen/Advance, and 4 gauge wire from the local car audio shop.

I can post some pics if you would like. I think the materials to build it (including some heavy-duty cable cutters and lineman's pliers with crimper from Harbor Freight) set me back about $30.
    Luxury Hand-Crafted Soaps and Gifts www.pitterpatterndesigns.com

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" - George Carlin

Premier Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by svtf02red View Post
    ^^^Oh, you'll love this one - you can only get them both as a set - pos & neg. I think Steve's price on them is under $100, but don't quote me on that. My neg cable was bad, so I just built a new one using a solid brass terminal, copper lugs from Kragen/Advance, and 4 gauge wire from the local car audio shop.

I can post some pics if you would like. I think the materials to build it (including some heavy-duty cable cutters and lineman's pliers with crimper from Harbor Freight) set me back about $30.
    Way under $100.00 actually.

The new set of positive and negative cables runs $47.00 from me.
    Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) Proudly helping forum members build and maintain their vehicles with OEM and Ford Racing parts since 2004.

See, that's why we love you, Steve. The Homey hookup!

Not to threadjack or anything, but I assume that you can also hook us up with parts for non-Foci at the cost + 10%? There's a buddy of mine who is looking to get a new coolant tank/cap for his F-250 KR Diesel...

Premier Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ch47chinookfe View Post
    See, that's why we love you, Steve. The Homey hookup!

Not to threadjack or anything, but I assume that you can also hook us up with parts for non-Foci at the cost + 10%? There's a buddy of mine who is looking to get a new coolant tank/cap for his F-250 KR Diesel...
    Anything Ford, Lincoln, Mercury or Ford Racing

Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2 svtf02red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FORDSVTPARTS View Post
    Way under $100.00 actually.

The new set of positive and negative cables runs $47.00 from me.
    Damn, that's smokin'! My dealer nearest to me quoted $145 I needed a solution pretty quick, which is why I built my own, and due to the fact that my home made setup is definitely better than stock. Of course, this local dealership seems to jack the prices about 25% over list on most items. I had considered putting the Ford synthetic "Honey" back in my transaxle, but they wanted $28.50 per quart Pre-mixed Ford Gold coolant? $22.95 per gallon I went with AmsOil Severe Gear 75w90 @ $14/qt in the trans and Valvoline Zerex G-05 @ $13 for a gallon of concentrate.

Steve, I don't know what we would do without you, man!
    Luxury Hand-Crafted Soaps and Gifts www.pitterpatterndesigns.com

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" - George Carlin

Rookie

If it came down to needing new cables or cable ends, I'm not sure I would want these same ones again (T-Bolt type). I would look for some high quality aftermarket ones that have more standard connections (nut and bolt easily replaceable if lost, stripped, or broken).

Premier Sponsor

I've never had an issue with the battery clamps on any of the three Foci I've owned although the only one thats had the battery in and out repeatedly is the SVT.

Rookie

Interesting. Well I hope I don't need to replace any again, hehe. I guess it was mainly my fault for over-tightening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast