Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

FSWerks

Default just straight "bad luck"

HEY GUYS, (today it was around 105 degrees here in saltville,va) earlier today at my house i sprayed my car off around 12:00pm . About 5-6 hours later , i go outside to give my girl a ride to the store and noticed a "S" shaped crack all the way down the passenger side window. Now, I couldnt find any rocks laying around (someone could have thru) or bricks-LOL- BUT, I was wondering if you guys have heard of the heat/cool change ,being able to crack a svt focus' front windshield????? ps -i have survelance vids. of the times and it "looks" like it was "natural freak accident"- unless, im missing something... -HAS ANYONE HAD A SVT FOCUS 02-04 FRONT WINDSHIELD REPLACED BEFORE????? (if so, how much???? and whats the cheapest place?????)

Default Re: just straight "bad luck"

Have glass coverage on mine. So FREE
    Yes it is possible. Sorry to hear it.
    About $300-500
    #3052 of 3985
    Full N/A SVT Build

ive fount one for the svt focus at safe-light for 250 odd- AND at for just a regular focus (cause thats all it would let me choose from) which i selected , windshieldstogo.com has one for 215????????????????? ANYBODY FOUNT ONE ANY CHEAPER INSTALLED???????????? PLZ PM ME IF YOU DO, THNKX R.P.

Just remember that usually those windshield are thinner than OEM and are more prone to breaking. But safelite does do lifetime warranty.
    #3052 of 3985
    Full N/A SVT Build

i dont care (and like ya said "safelite" has lifetime warr.) . It couldnt be that much thinner anyway. (they said it was oem replacement for 2-door svt ??) .Safelite wants around $258-installed /// and windshieldstogo.com wants $216-installed// Everwere else is about the same, most are between 215-300. With 300 being the most expensive. And, if I could find a wrecked svt (close ,like tn, va, wv, etc. ) id drive and take it out // and , put it into my car..but, i cant seem to find a wrecked one close, and windshieldstogo.com says they will be able to come install the correct windshield for $216???? -I guess im gonna let them- thanks for all the help guys, richard.

got it installed from safe lite for 252 or so..?????? not bad....

Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flips you off.....but don't let that fool you. In reality she has a heart of gold but doesn't like people to know it. She'll bite your ear off if you disagree, or call her Kris! Queen Jade's Avatar

To prevent this from happening again, on super hot days, leave the windows slightly open. It will prevent cabin pressure from increasing due to the heat and making the glass flex. Also, don't spray your car with cold water on hot days either. Most insurance companies offer glass coverage as part of the premium, Geico does without it being purchased as additional coverage. Call your insurance company and it is often taken care of without having to pay your deductible. I had my windshield fixed on my SVT from a rock chip and it cost me nothing.
    08 WRB Subaru Forester XT Sports (family wagon)
    1986 Toyota Cressida aka Huggy Bear
    1970 Datsun 510 (the internet whore and show stopper)
    Quote Originally Posted by svtf02red View Post
    I have a feeling that if Jason from Friday the 13th came after you, Leslie - he'd lose.
    Tell someone you love them today because life is short....but yell it at them in German because life is also scary and confusing.

do u have geico?????? thats what i got, but my rides are paid off so i just carry liability on them (were im jobless at the moment) . My dad paid for it anywayz so ... but thanks for the tip* and i have been cracking the window(s) a inch or so on 70+ days....

maybe the badluck monster wont strike me again (herting the wallet) for awhile or NEVER......LOL...

Premier Sponsor

Odds are you had a small chip in the glass that led to the crack, a chip combined with extreme heat can and will crack glass.

The same thing happened to my dads Nissan Maxima.
    Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) Proudly helping forum members build and maintain their vehicles with OEM and Ford Racing parts since 2004.

Now accepting online orders here http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

You can also find us here http://forums.focaljet.com/tousley-ford/

Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flips you off.....but don't let that fool you. In reality she has a heart of gold but doesn't like people to know it. She'll bite your ear off if you disagree, or call her Kris! Queen Jade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perkinz24 View Post
    do u have geico?????? thats what i got, but my rides are paid off so i just carry liability on them (were im jobless at the moment) . My dad paid for it anywayz so ... but thanks for the tip* and i have been cracking the window(s) a inch or so on 70+ days....
    Yes, I do have Geico. I don't know if they will reimburse you for not calling them in the first place, but its worth a shot to see if they at least cover you for that sort of thing. Some policies come standard with it.
    08 WRB Subaru Forester XT Sports (family wagon)
    1986 Toyota Cressida aka Huggy Bear
    1970 Datsun 510 (the internet whore and show stopper)
    Quote Originally Posted by svtf02red View Post
    I have a feeling that if Jason from Friday the 13th came after you, Leslie - he'd lose.
    Tell someone you love them today because life is short....but yell it at them in German because life is also scary and confusing.

Usually they will as long as it's an approved "Vendor/Installer"

While on the subject I would just like to add my ongoing hatred for CHEAP/THIN aftermarket windows and windshields. OEM all the way if possible. (My insurance needs to be requested and approved before the work is done)
    #3052 of 3985
    Full N/A SVT Build

i got her replaced now. thanks rp

Glad to hear it's fixed.

I just re-read this, and it seems that this was a side window :/ whoops.
    #3052 of 3985
    Full N/A SVT Build