Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tasca Auto Group

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premier Sponsor

Default Re: SCT LiveWire, Now with LL3 file support!

Anyone selling them for use on a Focus right now isn't doing anyone any favors.

TEAM Member

Mine was a pro mo thing for me to promote it, I have it one the car now. Got it to work Messing with it now, what kind of things did you do to it (ie. timing fuel% etc) Randy?

-Kyle
    www.tunedbypsi.com

Quote Originally Posted by OmniFocus
    What I'm trying to say is: There are all sorts of ways to skin this cat.

Premier Sponsor

I didn't do anything to it. It won't load Duratec files yet. I have just been using it to monitor DMRs and PIDs. And anyway, I don't use pre-loaded files, I do my own programming.

TEAM Member

Nice Yeah this is on a 03' I got a Custom file sent from SCT but it has alot of room to adjust. Will be great tho when I get my turbo set up.

-Kyle
    www.tunedbypsi.com

Quote Originally Posted by OmniFocus
    What I'm trying to say is: There are all sorts of ways to skin this cat.

Senior TEAM Member

holy crap 570 bucks? that sucks...so I guess we're SOL with these regular flashers now huh? might as well try to sell them before the price drops to like 50 bucks huh? what a waste If I can I think I might sell mine and try to get a large chunk from it and go with a livewire, whatdya think Randy? I'd love to see some variables all the time mounted in front of me than to have to bring the laptop out with me on runs :/
    -2010 MazdaSpeed 3
    -2003 SE PZEV ATX - FS 2.3l Stage 2 *JustFound*

Premier Sponsor

Well, I wouldn't do anything for a while. Until these are sorted out, they aren't worth getting rid of your XCal2 for. Why would you be SOL anyway? Your flasher is just as good as it ever was and it works, too. I doubt most will step up to this, though. Its a good product, but its hard to justify the extra cost if you have an XCal2 already. We certainly can't supply this with our turbo kits, the XCal2 will be with us for quite a while I'm sure.

Senior TEAM Member

because the flasher is just a flasher...for those of us who want to see other things without installed tons of extra gauges, laptops the other option...Laptops are more expensive and bigger, and can be a nuisance so that's why I would want one anyway :/
    -2010 MazdaSpeed 3
    -2003 SE PZEV ATX - FS 2.3l Stage 2 *JustFound*

Senior TEAM Member

a flasher and 2-3 gagues is all you need.
    The only standing control arms is your goal for the first time.
    If weapons killing people, scoops, make Mihajl′ Moor and fat Rosie O'donnčl′!

Premier Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EnixStorm
    because the flasher is just a flasher...for those of us who want to see other things without installed tons of extra gauges, laptops the other option...Laptops are more expensive and bigger, and can be a nuisance so that's why I would want one anyway :/
    Your XCal2 is a flasher, OBD II scanner, and data logger. The XCal 2 is great for the money. Part of what you pay for on the LiveWire is a bunch of pre-loaded files for like 10 different cars. You would benefit not one bit from that.

TEAM Member

Does the livewire show real time mpg? This would help justify the expense if I didn't have to buy a scanguage also.

Premier Sponsor

^^^ Not that I've seen. Even if it did, that is usually not accurate. You'd have to have wideband data present for it to really know how much fuel is being used.

TEAM Member

Hmm, the readout on my Fusion(I assume it is pcm generated) is VERY accurate. I really wish my Focus had it also, since I'm driving for economy 80% of the time.

Premier Sponsor

Once you start modding, I'd say the accuracy is no longer there. Our Fusion isn't accurate and I wouldn't trust it at all.

TEAM Member

Hey Randy, fyi, I was just perusing the Livewire website and it does say you can monitor fuel economy. That makes me want one even more. What kind of gains would I be looking at with a CAI and 2.5 inch catback exhaust tuned for 93 octane? I drive an 06 ST. How long (ballpark) before you have them ready for sale?

TEAM Member

Oh, I gotcha. Guess I'll just have to keep using the ol calculator. I'm still interested though. I don't have a tuner yet, and I like the added eye candy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast