Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Capaldi Racing

S2r

Default Mach audio wiring??? Diagrams???

OK For my next focus, i dont want the sysrem i had previously. I want something like the mach or svt setup.. Preferably the MACH..

I was thinking of just getting a regular ZX3 and rigging the MACH system into it.. Only question is, like the SVT's audiophile, i dont have a clue how to read the wiring harnesses that are used in the system.. i have seen the mach system, and there are a total of 18 wires to worrie about, 9 on each amp!!! 3 thick red, 3 Thick Black and 3 thinner ones, 1 Silver w/ black stripe, 1 white with red stripe and 1 white w/ black stripe....

My thoughts are as follows: IF the regular speakers run off of the deck power, then :
    1) The 2 AMPS use the 3 Thick red and 3 thick Black to power and ground (respectivly). then 2 of the thin are audio inpute and the last little wire (probably) the lone white w/ red stripe is the remote ..... ??? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Any Ideas? i would think that the amps would need more than just 1 single 14? Ga wire to power... Iv heard good things about the mach and altho i dont want a sadan, i do want a compact sub amp setup.. thanks for any infor or imput you may have!!! Steve [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 10-08-2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: S2r ][/size]

Senior TEAM Member

Default Re: Mach audio wiring??? Diagrams???

Moving to the ICE forum. Would get a better response there Steve.

Hmm...I'd like to know as well. The Mach Edition setup is fairly compact. Just what I need because of the loads I carry (a big sub and amp system would make life crazy day-to-day).

S2r: I think JL Audio has a stealth box similar to the one in the Audiophile edition. Maybe you can squeeze it in that.

TEAM Member

well from what i understand

there are 2 amps one for the left side one for the right and then a crossover that sends the bass of each to the sub

hope thats helps some

S2r

i just dont see how that can be.. there are not enought wires to have that posible

9 Per amp....

TEAM Member

How would I go about adding an aftermarket HU to the Mach system? THe harness looks different than everything else and I don't want to cut wires.

S2r

Originally posted by DangerMouse:
    How would I go about adding an aftermarket HU to the Mach system? THe harness looks different than everything else and I don't want to cut wires.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">CHECK OUT SOUND DOMAIN
    http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/list...ring+Harnesses

TEAM Member

on the back of the stock headunit, there are 4 wire connections. one is for the power, one for the antenna, one for speaker outputs, and one that has the speed sensor wire (for AVL) and the subwoofer outputs and such. This is the connector that is closest to the antenna input.

NOTE: I don't have MACH audio. This is only coming from looking at the diagrams, but that is where the outputs are coming from. There is a power line, amp signal line, ground line, and audio line (left and right).