Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

MFactory Competition Products

Senior TEAM Member

Default rough estimate on full body paint job......

ive thought about it. itd be awsome to do, but its not very likely that id do it(not any time soon) but im just curious to know how much this would set me back financially and i always like sonic blue its such a pretty blue

Senior TEAM Member

Default Re: rough estimate on full body paint job......

eleventy-billion dollars!!

Depends on where you go and how good the paint job is. You can get pretty much any color at Maacos and one of their continuous specials for less than $500.00. But I wouldn't recomend that. When we wanted the CRX painted- we had estimates up into the 3s for a quality job.

i would say for a decent job you are looking +/- $3000.00. that is what my body shop used to charge. if you don't want them to paint the door sills, inside of the doors, etc, it can be cheaper cuz it saves them alot of labor time. if you go to a chain place like maaco your paint won't last too long, and will not be quality.

Senior TEAM Member

I got quoted $5000.00 for all 4 doors shaved, poppers installed, all small dents/dings repaired, and add pearl red on my black.

With the estimate broken down, it was more like $3000.00 for paint and repairs, $2000.00 for the rest.

Hope that helps, even though I'm in Ohio.

TEAM Member

Just a little heads us. Sonic blue is very expensive paint. It will run you around $90 per quart just for the paint. This isn't including any hardener or even the clearcoat. The reason that it is so expensive is because there is a very high amount of pearl mixed in with the paint. If you really like the color, you might want to look into something close, but not the same. The guy I talked to at the paint store I talked to said that the most expensive paint he had ever seen/sold was around $110 per qt so sonic blue is right up there. Just to paint the front of my car myself, I spent $500 and I only needed 2 qts. IMagine how much it would cost to paint the whole car as well as having someone else do it for you.

Senior TEAM Member

i might paint my car sooner than i thought....maybe my friend who owns an ae86 is gonna paint his car cinnamon somethin ((same as the CRX from Pimp My Ride)) & he got quoted $1000 from his co-worker who paints choppers & hes done a few cars. this is with minor bodywork & inside the doors are gonna be painted too. he already painted the fuel door on his car, just to see what the color looks like & i think its gonna look pimp when its done so i gotta go meet this guy

TEAM Member

Just a little heads us. Sonic blue is very expensive paint. It will run you around $90 per quart just for the paint. This isn't including any hardener or even the clearcoat. The reason that it is so expensive is because there is a very high amount of pearl mixed in with the paint. If you really like the color, you might want to look into something close, but not the same. The guy I talked to at the paint store I talked to said that the most expensive paint he had ever seen/sold was around $110 per qt so sonic blue is right up there. Just to paint the front of my car myself, I spent $500 and I only needed 2 qts. IMagine how much it would cost to paint the whole car as well as having someone else do it for you.
    thats all 90$ pr qt. mine (jackpot gold)60$ pr. 1/2 pint

TEAM Member

the paint for my dads truck is around 400 a quart. Paintwork is expensive for a good job. I paid $1400 for my hood, body kit, fenders and both spoilers on my zx3 and that was without blending

Senior TEAM Member

the paint for my dads truck is around 400 a quart. Paintwork is expensive for a good job. I paid $1400 for my hood, body kit, fenders and both spoilers on my zx3 and that was without blending

Ray
    Driver > Car

Changing the color on the focus? Then you have to do interior, under the hood, door jams, trunk, etc.

That alone will bump the price A LOT as you have to strip the car completely.

I would estimate around $4500-6000.

Senior TEAM Member

Yeah some of the paint out there is expensive. I paid 26 bucks for a pint of WRX blue, and thats wholesale price. Half a pint of sonig blue at retail cost me 30 bucks. In comparison I can get a quart of black, amazon green, or liquid gray for the same price. Don't skimp on a paint job man, its what you have to look at all the time and you'll hate yourself if you go the cheaop route. Peace

Lox

Senior TEAM Member

sonic blue shmonic blue. white with pearl blue owns!!! thats the paint job my mustang had... RIP... now THAT was an expensive paint job.

Jon

Yeah...changing the entire color will get very costly. If you are serious about doing it, check out your local college and see if they offer any paint classes.

I took a 14 week class and painted my car myself. Now it's not perfect by any means, but for my first time, I was happy with the results plus I have the satisfaction of knowing that I did it myself.

You'll save mad cash doing it yourself. I spent around $600.00 for materials. Of course that doesn't count the air compressor, paint gun, buffer...things like that, but now that I own the stuff, I can paint all my own parts and save a fortune.

If that's not an option, maybe you can find a friend who is starting out painting and would be willing to do it cheaper for the experience.

Just remember...you get what you pay for!

Just my .02˘.

Good luck!

Keep it the same color no need to paint the door jams and engine compartment

I painted the lower half of my car including purchasing a new 25 gallon air compressor a gun and anything else you would need for just under 1200

TEAM Member

You can buy a 2005 Sonic Blue sedan directly from Ford. Might make more sense to do that than to put that much into your current car.