Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

FSWerks

TEAM Member

Default anyone recarpet there cars and how hard was it?

i see on ebay theres a blue carpet kit for the focus on there usually
    i was wondering how much it costs to recarpet the car and how hard it would be
    i'm guessing you'd take out the seats and center console but what else would you have to do?
    thanks
    sean

TEAM Member

Default Re: anyone recarpet there cars and how hard was it?

its pretty easy...remove front seats for sure...i removed rear cause i was also sound proofing the car...either way rear seats only take 30 mins to take out..max...especially if you have done it before...

after seats are out...the seatbelts up front have to be taken care of...the little rod you see at the bottoom...needs to be unbolted...then you can tip it up at an angle and pull it out...

next is the center console...pretty easy to remove...i dont remember where all the screws are...but just look around you will see them...

after all that is out you will be able to pull the carpet forward just a little bit...enough to see where it wont come out without some extra unbolting...i decided just to use the knife on this part...really only had to cut a sliver in it about an inch long....totally not noticeable...

if your interested in the blue carpet give me a holla..i got a mold of it..NIB...

TEAM Member

I replaced my carpet with carpet that is sold by the company that makes that blue stuff as seen on Ebay. (1A Automotive)

That particular company molds the carpet to a certain extent but it is not exactly "OEM". It does require some modification to fit right. (i.e. it has to be cut to fit--including where stuff "pokes up through", it's not plug and play) I also had to build up the areas in the floor pan directly below the part of the center console where it meets with the dash as the replacement carpet is not ridgid as what you will pull out of your car.

The plus side is the fact that that particular company sells carpet that is partially molded to fit the Focus for about $100. (I imagine OEM stuff would cost more, but I'm not sure.) The carpet is good quality (better that stock IMO) and does not fray like crazy when cut.

It's not a bad deal if you don't mind it not being 100% like stock.

TEAM Member

For the best in replacement carpet try:

http://www.accmats.com/r_s/restyling/restyling.htm

Along with stock replacement carpet for 1.000s of cars they now are into Sport Compact carpeting. They can even do matching mats.

Rookie

I have carpet from ACC, the mold is pretty decent except fro around the center console,its not sitff enough to follow the contour so i just ripped the stiff backing off the old carpet and stuffed it behind the new one and it works great. it comes rolled up in a little box so its best to leave it set out flat for acouple days otherwise its a lot harder to do. i kept mine in the box for like 2 months and tried to put it in in 10 mins and it just doesnt happen. its definately pretty time consuming because you have to trim everything.. for the seat brackets, the console, under the dash, along the door sills. but in the end its a pretty simple and cheap job and it looks nice. btw it was $134 for the carpet and only 9 to ship.

TEAM Member

Just be careful Ice, alot of those carpet kits on ebay are nothing but rolls of carpet, make sure they say fitted/err OEM formed, even if it says fitted on the description email the seller, almost got jipped into buying a roll from some guy. Happy Shoppin'

TEAM Member

what color are you looking to do ice?

TEAM Member

i wanna do blue to go with my whole blue scheme i have goin on
    i'll probably order from that site it seems like the best way to go

TEAM Member

ive got got one i could hook u up with...pm me and well talk about it