Hi,

I installed a set of recaro's in my sedan a couple months back, and had to completely re-wire them, this is easier if you managed to get the seat connectors cut from the donor vehicle, but either way, hopefully this will help you out.

What I did, was cut the connector out of my car, and spliced in the SVT connectors using tap splices (available at any local electrical/hardware store) but of course you can solder or use wire nuts if you prefer.

Use the diagram here for reference to the pin numbers:

http://www.michaelmallon.net/fordfoc...connectors.png

Just a note, this is a comprehensive list of what each pin in each of the SVT seat connectors is for, and where they would typically be wired to in the regular seat connectors, your seats may not have every connection listed here if they don't have the seat heaters.

For the Driver seat:

svt pin 1: driver side-airbag signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 9
svt pin 2: driver side-airbag return: wire to driver seat harness pin 10
svt pin 3: not used
svt pin 4: not used
svt pin 5: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
svt pin 6: heated seats switched power: wire to driver seat harness pin 5
svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 3
svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 4
svt pin 9: powered seat-height power: wire to constant power
svt pin 10: powered seat-height ground: wire to ground
svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 5
svt pin 12: seat heaters ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8
svt pin 13: seat track position sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 1
svt pin 14: seat track position sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 2

For the Passenger seat:

svt pin 1: passenger side-airbag signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 9
svt pin 2: passenger side-airbag return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 10
svt pin 3: seatbelt pretensioner switched power: wire to passenger seat harness pin 5
svt pin 4: seatbelt pretensioner signal return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 6
svt pin 5: heated seats switched power: wire to passenger seat harness pin 1
svt pin 6: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 3
svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 4
svt pin 9: not used
svt pin 10: not used
svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 6
svt pin 12: heated seats ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8
svt pin 13: not used
svt pin 14: not used

So if you want is to power the height adjustment switch, you need to run power to pin 9 on the driver seat, and a ground wire to pin 10. I pulled power from a constant on pin from the radio harness, dropped it down through the center console, then under the carpet over to the seat. There is constant power on pin 1 (orange w/ black stripe) from the small 7-pin black connector on the radio harness (or if you have the blaupunkt headunit, it should be pin 4 on the bottom most row of wires)

If you want to wire the heaters (to look factory OEM) then you need to replace the center console with one that has switch cutouts for the seat heater switches, and you also need to order the switches, and their corresponding electrical connectors. I'll try and find my wiring info on the seat heaters, but it was pretty easy, power, ground, and illumination, and I pulled them all from the radio harness.

Hope this helps, cheers!

-- michael