Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tire Rack

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Final Svt Seat Swap Thread

Default Re: The Final Svt Seat Swap Thread

So.... sticky? Yes? No?
    04 ATX Zetec sedan, FSW Cool-Flo, e2kIM, ported TB, header, TruBendz exhaust, SVT suspension, Steeda RSB, SVT FSB, FSW tune

32" HDTV posted in Garage Sale!

CarDomain Page

Quote Originally Posted by RushPerformance View Post
    - The rear seats will only fit in ZX3 ZX5 and station wagon (ZTW) body styles with no modification.
    Actually, on the wagon, you have to extend the latches about an inch or so. When i installed my Recarros in my wagon, the fronts fit like a charm, but the rears didn't, Well, the latch part. So, i used a pair if sockets (tool sockets) to space out the latch.

I intalled my SVT seats last night, and did the same.

As for the front, it's very simple. I just tapped into the cig lighter fuse using one of these -

Routed the wire to the seat. I made a custome connector using an ols stereo install kit i had. Grounded it to the chasis using a screw and it worked great. I can try to get pics, but it's already installed. Might help though.

The SVT's i just installed don't have heat, but the recaros i had did. I never wired that though, i'm in SoCal.. don't need it
    I <3 My Wagon!

Senior TEAM Member RushPerformance's Avatar

I was wondering when you might chime in. :-)

I'll update the information on the rear seats in a wagon to the correct information.

I already wired in the power, I just need to wire the seatbelt (i'm just going to swap seat belt buckles) air bar, and the other one which I'm guessing is a weight sensor for the passengerside air bag.... I'm going to take a shot in the dark on it tomarrow. If all else fails, I blow the air bag and I put my stock seats back in.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFlea View Post
    Actually, on the wagon, you have to extend the latches about an inch or so. When i installed my Recarros in my wagon, the fronts fit like a charm, but the rears didn't, Well, the latch part. So, i used a pair if sockets (tool sockets) to space out the latch.

I intalled my SVT seats last night, and did the same.

As for the front, it's very simple. I just tapped into the cig lighter fuse using one of these -

Routed the wire to the seat. I made a custome connector using an ols stereo install kit i had. Grounded it to the chasis using a screw and it worked great. I can try to get pics, but it's already installed. Might help though.

The SVT's i just installed don't have heat, but the recaros i had did. I never wired that though, i'm in SoCal.. don't need it
    2002 ZX3 - Black - 2002 - 2003 | 2002 SVT - Infra Red - 2003 - 2007 | 2003 ZX3 - Yellow - 2007-2008 | 2007 ZX3 SE - White - 2007 - 2012 | 2013 ST fifteen52 Sponsored - White - 2012 - Current | 2003 ZX3 2.3 - Black - 2013 - 2013 | 2005 ZXW - CD Silver - 2013 - 2013 | 2013 ST DRAGG SEMA Police Car - 2013 - Current | 2004 SVT EAP - Screaming Yellow - 2014 - Current | Founder of FocusRush.com but Always a Focaljet Member First

Haha, sorry. I hadn't seen this thread till now.

Ok, here's what i did -

I placed the latch on the out side, rather than inside and just extended using 2 sockets per side. You can see them when the seats are up.

For the front, yeah, just swap the belt buckle. I actally replaced the entire dealio. Even the conector box from my stockers. that way, they'll just plug right up. I left the air bag and sensor disconnected, just hid the wires under the seat.

The front -

Good luck bro!
    I <3 My Wagon!

Senior TEAM Member klodkrawler05's Avatar

I'm planning to wire in my svt seats over the weekend I can take step by step pictures and create a litle how to for this thread if you want...

[FJ] Addict

I added it to the How-To list.

BTW, when it comes to teh seat belt. you can unbolt the seatbelt harness and recepticle from your stock seat and bolt it to the SVT seat with no problem. That way, you retain use of the sensor and don't get the chime and the airbag light won't come on.

I also use the SVT harness that comes from the car, obviously it was cut out, and used that to make a pigtail harness.
    I got my seats back in the day from SVT Salvage so he had cut the seat wiring harness right out of the cars main harness
    2013 Subaru Impreza WRX | Strictly | Focused | 2002 Focus ZX3 | 2009 Volvo C30

myFlickr

[FJ] | Sponsors | Store | Guidelines | Ext. How-To | Int. How-To | Mid-Atlantic | [FJ]

TEAM Member

The connector diagram returns!

Sorry everyone, I had to shuffle around all my webhosting services, and just wanted to get this back online for everyone.

here you go!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

And Below is the original write-up I did on the pin-outs, cheers everyone!

HUGE DISCLAIMER!!!!! when I say "wire to driver/passenger seat harness
    pin X" that was only guaranteed to be correct for the 2004 model year
    car, I recommend buying the official ford wiring diagram for your
    model year off ebay to see if the connectors were still wired the
    same.

Just a note, this is a comprehensive list of what each pin in each of
    the SVT seat connectors is for, and where they would typically be
    wired to in the regular seat connectors, your seats may not have every
    connection listed here if they don't have the seat heaters.

For the Driver seat:

svt pin 1: driver side-airbag signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 9
    svt pin 2: driver side-airbag return: wire to driver seat harness pin 10
    svt pin 3: not used
    svt pin 4: not used
    svt pin 5: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
    svt pin 6: heated seats switched power: wire to driver seat harness pin 5
    svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 3
    svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 4
    svt pin 9: powered seat-height power: wire to constant power
    svt pin 10: powered seat-height ground: wire to ground
    svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 5
    svt pin 12: seat heaters ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8
    svt pin 13: seat track position sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 1
    svt pin 14: seat track position sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 2

For the Passenger seat:

svt pin 1: passenger side-airbag signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 9
    svt pin 2: passenger side-airbag return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 10
    svt pin 3: seatbelt pretensioner switched power: wire to passenger
    seat harness pin 5
    svt pin 4: seatbelt pretensioner signal return: wire to passenger seat
    harness pin 6
    svt pin 5: heated seats switched power: wire to passenger seat harness pin 1
    svt pin 6: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
    svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 3
    svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 4
    svt pin 9: not used
    svt pin 10: not used
    svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 6
    svt pin 12: heated seats ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8
    svt pin 13: not used
    svt pin 14: not used
    SamSVT likes this.
    My (work in progress) "SVT" D23E sedan...
    done: EAP Recaro seats ◆ EAP/Mach HID's ◆ SVT & Euro styling ◆ Euro Illuminated gear knob ◆ BSD ◆ ST exhaust ◆ Brisk LGS plugs ◆ SVT brakes & suspension ◆ SVT 5-spoke's ◆ Roush 22mm RSB ◆ front & rear strut bars ◆ blaupunkt ◆ F2 oil baffle

Senior TEAM Member RushPerformance's Avatar

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2002 ZX3 - Black - 2002 - 2003 | 2002 SVT - Infra Red - 2003 - 2007 | 2003 ZX3 - Yellow - 2007-2008 | 2007 ZX3 SE - White - 2007 - 2012 | 2013 ST fifteen52 Sponsored - White - 2012 - Current | 2003 ZX3 2.3 - Black - 2013 - 2013 | 2005 ZXW - CD Silver - 2013 - 2013 | 2013 ST DRAGG SEMA Police Car - 2013 - Current | 2004 SVT EAP - Screaming Yellow - 2014 - Current | Founder of FocusRush.com but Always a Focaljet Member First

Still no word on the 05-07 passenger seat deal?
    '07 CD ZX3 SAP+SVT+EDM=OEM+
    FSWERKS 93 Octane Tune, FC 67mm TB, CFM Poly Torque mount, FSWERKS Race Intake, Cosworth Header/Flex, Borla 2.5 Exhaust, H&R Coils, FS F/R Stress Bars, 25mm Rear Sway, CFM Rear Poly goods, SVTF 5 Spoke Wheels, SVT F/R brakes, SS brake lines, Sparco Faster Wheel, Recaro Seats, added some personal flair to the styling, Pioneer Navi and audio setup...with more to come...always

TEAM Member

klodkrawler05 and I will be working on my seats sometime soon. I just bought his SVT seats from him about a week and a half ago, but nothing wired up yet. I have an 07. My seatbelt light is always on, but there's no beeping/chiming. I don't think my side airbags are functional.....since nothings wired up. Hopefully it'll be all sorted out soon.

Yeah my light is on too and no chime. The belt tensioners work I know that. Good looking out man keep us posted!!
    FSWERKS 93 Octane Tune, FC 67mm TB, CFM Poly Torque mount, FSWERKS Race Intake, Cosworth Header/Flex, Borla 2.5 Exhaust, H&R Coils, FS F/R Stress Bars, 25mm Rear Sway, CFM Rear Poly goods, SVTF 5 Spoke Wheels, SVT F/R brakes, SS brake lines, Sparco Faster Wheel, Recaro Seats, added some personal flair to the styling, Pioneer Navi and audio setup...with more to come...always

bump

Senior TEAM Member BOWERSdaAZIAN's Avatar

Well ill bump this.

Just purchased and installed a set of SVT seats on my 04 ZX3. I swapped over the seatbelt receivers from my original seats, and only had to de-pin and re-pin the drivers side track position wiring from the SVT harness/connector to my original ZX3 harness/connector. Simple and easy, though now i have to wire up the power height adjustment function. That fuse adaptor thing looks like it'll make that easy as well.

I'm not worried about the heated seats or airbags though. I'll be happy with just the power height.
    USAF Electronic Warfare Motto(s):
    "Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer" & "In God we Trust... All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere

Aaaaah this still does help those who have an 05-07 haha

TEAM Member

BUMP for some help for those of us with 05s, 06s and 07s, please!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast