Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Capaldi Racing

TEAM Member

Default Suspension diagram and question

Iíve just ordered a set of Koni shocks and struts and Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and I had an idea. Iím going to buy all the stuff thatís between the spring and the body of the car for the front end. With all this stuff, swapping to stock suspension for warranty stuff or winter roads will be a lot simpler, just unbolt the three bolts at the top, one at the bottom, the swaybar links, and the brake line and swap in the other setup. No spring compressor involved.

When I went to my Ford dealer and asked them about it, he gave me this neat printout, with the prices hand-written (in Canadian dollars) on it:

You can get a more legible copy of it in two sizes:
    Medium size
    Big size

The total comes to $57.13 Canadian per side (about $36 US), but he missed the two parts that go on top of the strut and the nuts at the top. I doubt they cost much extra though. He was so utterly confused at my request, Iím not surprised he missed them. He kept asking me if the stock stuff was brokenÖ

Am I missing anything? Iíd hate to buy all this stuff and then realize that itís not that simple. Are there any parts in the rear suspension that would make that swap easier?

[This message has been edited by corey_dyck (edited 03-28-2001).]

[FJ] Addict

Default Re: Suspension diagram and question

That's a good plan, I'm going to be be doing the same.

As to the parts missing, I'll have to look at it later when I have more time.

TEAM Member

Rob, have you had a chance to look into this any further?

[FJ] Addict

No, not yet. I need either a better picture, or wait until I can make a trip to the factory for reconaisance.

Rookie

P-51...... what do you need to know... I work for a Ford Dealer in Guelph... and have actual pics of our suspension change over....

------------------
    Focus Rally Sport Team - Canada
    Custom Coil over suspension from Morris Dampers www.morissdampers.com/ ( see pics of the car here )
    Full roll cage, Compomotive Race wheels, Silverstone rally tires (more pics here - www.motorsport-dist.com/ ), Terra Trip Rally Computer, Corbau Seats, Eibach Springs,Ground Control Adjustable rear spring seats, Mintex 1144 brakes, plus much more... if you want to know what else email us.

Rookie

One more thing..... we already tried the Koni's. We bent both at the bottom were they go into the hub. The new ones we had made are much stronger. I wish Icould post a pic here to show you our set up. Still not sure how to do it.

Rookie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by P-51:
    As to the parts missing, I'll have to look at it later when I have more time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The nuts are M12 X 1.25 ,there available at any hardware store.

Evan Moen
    Director / Engineer
    Moriss Dampers www.morissdampers.com