Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Capaldi Racing

TEAM Member

Default How to disable PATS?

any ideas? its starting to piss me off. is there some kind of module i can rip out or somthing?

MIKE

TEAM Member

Default Re: How to disable PATS?

more like add...there is a pats bypass module (used them from OMEGA) it is a little transponder that mounts on the key cylinder. what kind of problems are you having with it??

TEAM Member

Here is the key.....literally....On the top of your ford key you will notice that there is a rectangular cutout. Just pry this out with a screwdriver and you will pull out the PATS module. Then you have to attatch it close to the lock cylider so that it thinks a key is always in th cylinder......and voila, you beat the system.

TEAM Member

No problems, i just want to be able to switch my computers out at will, and its not letting me do it. I have about 4 or 5 with diffrent programs. Its getting real annoying.

MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by ZincYellowZx3Guy
    Here is the key.....literally....On the top of your ford key you will notice that there is a rectangular cutout. Just pry this out with a screwdriver and you will pull out the PATS module. Then you have to attatch it close to the lock cylider so that it thinks a key is always in th cylinder......and voila, you beat the system.

Unfortunately you have not beaten the system. You still have an active PATS. All you've done is ruined your key. True, you can start the vehicle with a key that does not have a PATS module but the system is still working and if you ever lose that module you have attached you are stuck.

What is really needed is to disable PATS entirely. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger that no longer recognizes the key module. I need the system to be disabled. I will not put the amount of money the dealer may charge into that old of a truck. The tow bill alone will be $100. Plus, depending on what the dealer decides to do their bill could go over $1000.

Ive never heard of or found a way to disable PATS.
    TXFO V.2.0

Hank Williams might have been a love sick drinker but being a love sick drunk don't make you Hank. -Sons of Bill-

TEAM Member

I think even SCT said it can't be disabled with the software they make. Not that its a policy to not allow disabling of PATS, just it can't be turned off. Thats what I heard on the SCT forum at least.
    2004 ZX3 2.3L Pitch Black, Manual - to be installed: Cosworth IM, CFM 67mm TB, AEM intake ,OBX header, Borla exhaust, CFM UPD, CFM BSD, Crane stage-1s, 4.06 FD, Torsen T2, Exedy OEM clutch
    2001 ZX3 Infra Red, Automatic - returned to stock

I asked Focus Sport before and they said that they had no way to do anything with PATS on the SCT program.
    TXFO V.2.0

Hank Williams might have been a love sick drinker but being a love sick drunk don't make you Hank. -Sons of Bill-

TEAM Member

hey,

the keys with the blue tab works great with new key. it has to be really close however.

Rookie

buy a key programmer. saw them cheaper, but dont remeber where. http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5177509