Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

MFactory Competition Products

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TEAM Member

Default slimjim a focus? help!!!

Ok, im sitting here at work with my keys locked in my car. I was taking my humungus tool box out of the backseat when my keys fell out and i didnt know it.

Can someone tell me how the locking mech works? I need to get into my car or im never going home. lol

Default Re: slimjim a focus? help!!!

Well, from past expierance with this dilema [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

You cannot break into a focus with a slimjim!!!

A lock smith will need to be called and he'll use a special hook looking thingie????

Always carry a spare in your wallet!!
    Past expierances will teach you that [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

TEAM Member

i just tried to slim jim mine and i cant find the locking mechanism. im not sure how to do it ive never done a car with the door lock in that position. you might need a different type of slim jim. ill keep tryin though.

TEAM Member

i got it. i made a tool out of a piece of fax machine here at work. got into it right away. made the hook shaped tool you were talking about and was able to open up the car from the door handle inside.

i always keep a spare close by, but it just so happend my spare was 30 miles away atm.

thanks you guys for trying to help me [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 12-18-2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: AphidAudio ][/size]

Senior TEAM Member

hahaha i never would have guesed that a piece of a fax machine would help you get into your focus!! hahaha [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

TEAM Member

Our doors are designed not to be slim jimmed. Instead you must use a tool that hooks under the window and hits the unlock button from the inside. With a little work tho you can actually make one from a coat hanger. Hard to explain the shape, I would need to find a picture.

Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off. ax0n's Avatar

In the trade they're known as "Caddy Killers" - cadillacs have been "jimmy resistant" for many years. This tool was designed specifically for locksmiths to get into cadillacs. As it turns out it works in many other cars now.

In order to successfully open it you should also have a window wedge. You should probably let a pro open it, because the caddy killer can get tangled up in the wire harness for the power locks/windows and cause more problems if you don't know what you're doing.

http://www.keymart.com/co60.htm

That's what a C.K. looks like.

The caddy killer, that's the name I was thinking of!!!
    But I also Had to do the coat hanger thing a month after I got the car, luckily the door was not closed all the way, and made it easy to make a loop at the end of the coat hanger , then you just bend it at the right place and slowly work your way over the inside door handle, and bammm!! your a certified lock smith [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 12-19-2002, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: all2envyZx3 ][/size]

I'm a valet, and my roomate is event manager for our valet company, and he has a $3K lock picking set with him at all times. He also has a bunch of dent removal tools and some other useful things. All quirks that come along with being a valet! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Senior TEAM Member

Originally posted by ShockZTS:
    I'm a valet, and my roomate is event manager for our valet company, and he has a $3K lock picking set with him at all times. He also has a bunch of dent removal tools and some other useful things. All quirks that come along with being a valet! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I need that job [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I have a pick set I made from spring steel. I can open pretty much any tumbler-based lock system with it. I can't do cylinder locks though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

You also have to realize it's not about the lock pick devices, it's more about the mentality of bypassing the lock. Oftentimes the easiest way inside a locked area is not by trying to pick the lock.

Case and point. I work at a college. Some lady was locked out of her Infiniti. Security shows up with their tools. Slim jim doesn't work, their coat hanger thing doesn't work. Meanwhile, I grab a piece of thick, flexible wire (used often by locksmiths to "Improvise" a tool) and my window wedge. I prop her sunroof open about 1/2 inch with the wedge, and use the wire to press the unlock button on the remote that's sitting in the passenger seat. Alternatively I could have probably reached the unlock button on the door had the remote not been present as it was.

TEAM Member

If the window is open slightly get someone with small hands like a carny or your girl friend to slip their hand in.

With a road flare they can hit the lock button and Bingo you're in! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

This is how I broke into my car when I forgot the keys to pick it up at the dealership after hours. Broke into my own car with out being questioned and out in fron of the dealership of all places. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

TEAM Member

ya, i had to break into professors offices in college all the time. but it was all legal mind you. they would lock their keys in their office and i always had to break in with my lockpick. i kinda pride myself about being able to get into any secured area. which really upset me about my car till i figured it out.

ax0n, i didnt need a wedge, but i know what your talking about. and yes, sometimes the way into a secured area does not rely on the lock, but bypassing the lock. it amazes me how many padlocks can be undone in a matter of seconds just with simple tools.

TEAM Member

Originally posted by ShockZTS:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's exactly why I NEVER give my car to a valet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast