Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Capaldi Racing

Rookie

Default Got a P1237 code, what now?

My focus died right after filling it up a couple days ago. I bought a scanner and it came back with a P1237 code, which is fuel pump secondary circuit/ fuel pump driver module. My question is, does that mean the fuel pump is bad, or something else? I pressed the reset on the intertia switch, and it didn't do anything. If anyone has a step by step checklist I could go by, it would be helpful. Thanks so much.

Kevin

Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off. ax0n's Avatar

Default Re: Got a P1237 code, what now?

it is likely a dead fuel pump. I'd get it to a dealership and figure out it anything is up with what's in tank. Sounds like you may have a case against the gas station.
    Vehicles: ['12 SE Hatch] ['00 ZX3] ['03 Explorer] [Trek 1200]
    [FocusHacks] : Ford Focus Tech & Maintenance Tips
    Elsewhere: [Blog] - [ + ] - [ t ]
    [HiR Information Report (rss)] : Get your fill of Geek Humor, Security, and Unix

NA Zetec Driver //// Where Bolt ons + Cams = 120whp

check the fuse and relay for it also.. couldnt hurt

TEAM Member

There's a recall on the fuel pumps, up until a certain date of manufacturing. If you can't troubleshoot the issue, get the car to a dealer for the Fuel Delivery Module replacement.

Also, there's an emergency fuel cut switch in the passenger kick panel. Check that it hasn't been tripped by any mischevious passengers.

Rookie

Ok, I called the dealer with my VIN, and they said my car wasn't in the recall for fuel pumps. Regarding the Fuel Delivery Module that Fingers spoke of, is there a way to test that? The fuse was good, and I swapped the fuel relay for a relay next to it, and that didn't help. I also checked the intertia switch in the kick plate, and that didn't work. Should I check the voltage at places along the line? What should it read? I have pretty much resigned myself to a fuel pump swap, but I want to make sure everything else works right first.

Kevin

if its the driver module, you check the voltage in and duty cycle in, then the output output. If you dont have a scope, you can measure voltage with a DMM and get a peak value. if you have in (and ground) and no out..................... driver module is bad.

The other thing is that the duty cycle of the module may be wrong. one range of duty cycles is invalid. another range is a command to turn off. thats not very likely but still a possibility.
    TXFO V.2.0

Hank Williams might have been a love sick drinker but being a love sick drunk don't make you Hank. -Sons of Bill-