Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tire Rack 2

TEAM Member

Default Need a vacuum diagram for 2000 ZTS 2.0 DOHC

I have heard that there is a vacuum diagram on the underside of the hood. My problem is I dont have my stock hood anymore. Can anyone point me to where I might find a diagram online?

I have a vacuum line that needs to be replaced but my dealer is no help. I need to identifying which line I need to order.
    Team Mid-Atlantic
    2000 silver ZTS 5speed

TEAM Member

Default Re: Need a vacuum diagram for 2000 ZTS 2.0 DOHC

just take a picture of it and then people on the forum could tell you where it goes

TEAM Member

All the lines run to the intake manifold...except for the one line that goes from the EGR regulator to the valve. The evap canister, fuel pressure sensor and EGR regulator all go directly back to the intake below the throttlebody.
    Joe Morgan

TEAM Member

It is one of the larger lines and runs from the back of the intake manifold, to the the right side of the motor. Hard to see what it is connected to, what ever it is is about half up the right side of the motor. I know the PCV valve is on the right front, down below the exhaust manifold. I figure this line runs to either the PCV or EGR, valves.

I Just wanted the diagram in hopes of narrowing down my choices.
    I guess the best bet would be to order both, because if one is worn out the other is probably just as bad. It is not leaking yet, just all soft and crushes when vauum is applied to it. I am affraid if I take it off, it will tear. And with my luck, it will take the dealer a few days to get a new one.

Thanks
    Mike
    Team Mid-Atlantic
    2000 silver ZTS 5speed

Senior TEAM Member

If its a big one and goes from the intake mani to the drivers side of the engine then forward under a buncha stuff then yes its the pcv one. The dealership parts dept should be able to print you the pic and u can circle the ones u want. Its rubber from the intake mani to just under the coilpack, then its a metal tube til it comes out the front of the coilpack, then its another rubber elbow to the pcv valve itself. So there are actually 2 rubber hoses there one is 10-12" long and the other is a 3" one with a pretty good elbow in it, more than 90 degrees. The back one is about 5 bucks from ford and the front one is like 3 bucks. I'd say replace em both at the same time, they're cheap and if one is damaged the other one probably is too. U can't just use vacuum line there because both ends are diff size on one and the bends on the other are impossible to make by bending a straight hose. If you have enough mileage on your car to wear out those (they crack and leak often) then you might also think about replacing your pcv valve. All are very easy to access and replace. good luck

g
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

TEAM Member

Talking Re: Need a vacuum diagram for 2000 ZTS 2.0 DOHC

Thanks mr.squatch it is exactly as you described it. I am going to order them first thing. Big thanks.
    Team Mid-Atlantic
    2000 silver ZTS 5speed