Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Perfect Circle Autosport

My manicurist says I have low self esteem...

Default How much refrigerant??

Just wondering how much refrigerant I will need to put into a 03 Focus that is bone dry. I have gauges so I won't over charge the system. I also already have 1 12 ounce can of R134A, but figured I needed at least one more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX3TUNING View Post
    this isn't a generic cookie-cutter style where you can just buy some wheels and tires and throw them on expecting them to fit like some cheap EAP's

TEAM Member

Default Re: How much refrigerant??

it should be on a sticker in the engine bay somewhere. usually either on the strut tower, radiator support, or underside of the hood.

edit: do you have a good vacuum pump that can pull the system down to almost 30inHG?
    TZT Performance.

93 3000GT VR4

Quote Originally Posted by striker2 View Post
    it should be on a sticker in the engine bay somewhere. usually either on the strut tower, radiator support, or underside of the hood.

edit: do you have a good vacuum pump that can pull the system down to almost 30inHG?
    I looked all over underneath the hood and I can't find anywhere that tells how much refrigerant. Yes, I planed on pulling a vacuum on the system.
    this isn't a generic cookie-cutter style where you can just buy some wheels and tires and throw them on expecting them to fit like some cheap EAP's

Most cars take 2 (usually 3) cans to fill up.

My guess would be 2.5-3 cans. I think they're 12 or 16 ounces each. Get 3.
    2011 Relfex Silver VW Golf 2.5L 5-Cylinder: I need some fancy Mercedes wheels for this thing...
    2004 Pitch Black 5spd 2.0L(Z) ZX3: Totalled 4/26/2011 :(
    Stuff left to sell off it: FocusSport Cool-Flo intake, H&R Rear Swaybar, Thule OEM Roof Rack w/ Fairing, Camber Bolts, etc.
    2008 Specialized Tarmac. 2010 Giant Anthem X2. Trek 1500. Fuji hipster bike. Boom.

TEAM Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZX3autoxtasy View Post
    Most cars take 2 (usually 3) cans to fill up.

My guess would be 2.5-3 cans. I think they're 12 or 16 ounces each. Get 3.
    you dont want to just put refrigerant in without knowing how much to put in or how much you are putting in. too much refrigerant can cause problems with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by 98LowRanger View Post
    I looked all over underneath the hood and I can't find anywhere that tells how much refrigerant. Yes, I planed on pulling a vacuum on the system.
    my 2000 Ford CD just says to "see label on vehicle" so it must be there somewhere. if you cant find it, try calling Steve at Tousley and see if he can help you out.
    TZT Performance.

93 3000GT VR4

740 15 grams (26.1 0.53 ounces)
    TXFO V.2.0

Hank Williams might have been a love sick drinker but being a love sick drunk don't make you Hank. -Sons of Bill-

2- 12 oz. can should do the trick
    Quote Originally Posted by spinwax
    I got caught masterbating once. Fail. :(

Quote Originally Posted by striker2 View Post
    you dont want to just put refrigerant in without knowing how much to put in or how much you are putting in. too much refrigerant can cause problems with the system.

my 2000 Ford CD just says to "see label on vehicle" so it must be there somewhere. if you cant find it, try calling Steve at Tousley and see if he can help you out.
    Yea, I know.

He already said he had a gauge, so really, it doesn't matter a whole lot as long as its in the green (safe) zone.... Like I said, you could maybe get away with 2 cans but 3 is a safe bet (ie don't use all three, maybe just part of the third can).
    2011 Relfex Silver VW Golf 2.5L 5-Cylinder: I need some fancy Mercedes wheels for this thing...
    2004 Pitch Black 5spd 2.0L(Z) ZX3: Totalled 4/26/2011 :(
    Stuff left to sell off it: FocusSport Cool-Flo intake, H&R Rear Swaybar, Thule OEM Roof Rack w/ Fairing, Camber Bolts, etc.
    2008 Specialized Tarmac. 2010 Giant Anthem X2. Trek 1500. Fuji hipster bike. Boom.

I hate to pick up an extra can ($8) for just 2 ounces, but I guess I will. Thanks for the replies guys!! You know it might have been listed on the black plastic piece that fits above the grill and radiator. I KNOW there was some informative stickers on it, but my Euro one is clean of any stickers.