Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

MFactory Competition Products

Angry 2002 Focus SVT problems....

I just had my timing belt replaced and now my CEL is coming on with errors for my O2 sensor and Timing Over advance. My car runs like crap. No power, Idles rough, dies when I come to a stop, idle surges up and down a few hundred RPM's and exhaust pops like it's missing on a cylinder. The #18 fuse that controls the O2 sensors keeps popping also. Will just the O2 sensor issue cause the car to run bad and cause the timing over advance fault also? Please, one of you high speed gear heads give me some hope.... Thanks.
    DarthKaos - 2002 Silver Focus SVT

Senior TEAM Member

Default Re: 2002 Focus SVT problems....

Check to make sure no wires are pinched anywhere. If you are blowing a fuse it is more than just a sensor problem usually.
    2005 ZX3 SES Liquid Grey Winter package and Audiphile package
    2000 ZX3 CD Silver. Esslinger UDP, Diablosport Chip, S2 Wheels springs and dampers, SVT front bumper

will that cause the engine to run bad?

Senior TEAM Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKaos View Post
    will that cause the engine to run bad?
    If you have a pinched wire causing a blown fuse, chances are you will find more than one wire pinched... Although, the blown fuse may be for more than just the O2 sensor as well and that could be causing the rough running.
    2005 ZX3 SES Liquid Grey Winter package and Audiphile package
    2000 ZX3 CD Silver. Esslinger UDP, Diablosport Chip, S2 Wheels springs and dampers, SVT front bumper

Thanks...

TEAM Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKaos View Post
    I just had my timing belt replaced and now my CEL is coming on with errors for my O2 sensor and Timing Over advance. My car runs like crap. No power, Idles rough, dies when I come to a stop, idle surges up and down a few hundred RPM's and exhaust pops like it's missing on a cylinder. The #18 fuse that controls the O2 sensors keeps popping also. Will just the O2 sensor issue cause the car to run bad and cause the timing over advance fault also? Please, one of you high speed gear heads give me some hope.... Thanks.

Sounds like the timing is off. I would take it back to whoever did it and have them do it again, that timing over advanced code is an almost sure sign that its wrong, which could be the cause of most if not all of your other problems.
    '04 Infa-Red SVTF. #1772 of 1978, Born on 3/24/2004. Audophile, HID's, Winter Package, and some other things.
    '02 Steel Blue BMW 325i. 5 speed, winter package and no other things.

How can that cause my O2 sensor circuit to keep popping? I have disconnected my sensors and the fuse still keeps popping.

TEAM Member

No, the timing belt would not have anything to do with fuses, sounds like you have a short in the heater circuit somewhere. Ill have to look up what pins they are in the connectors and get back to you on that one.
    '04 Infa-Red SVTF. #1772 of 1978, Born on 3/24/2004. Audophile, HID's, Winter Package, and some other things.

TEAM Member

See if that helps, use a multimeter to check for shorts between the heater circuit and VPWR. If that checks out and your still having a problem let me know and I'll see if I can send you the complete pinpoint test and wiring diagram for the heater circuit.