Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Perfect Circle Autosport

Default car stalls when I stop it...!

I have a ford focus 2000 zetec. I wanted to know what could be wrong with my car since it runs fine but wants to stall as soon as I stop it. Can anybody tell me what could be wrong? could it be a vacuum leak? and if its one...what parts I have to spray with the carb cleaner so I can notice a leak?, what other parts can I check that could make my car stall? DPFE? Intake manifold? hoses? please provide as much info you can....I really need lots of help since I use this car to go to work...

Default Re: car stalls when I stop it...!

You pretty much hit everything. IAC valve cleaning, DPFE Sensor and EGR Information , fuel filter changed, check for leaks in vac(with car running spray around with carb/choke, brake, MAF cleaner, if idle changes thats the spot). How many miles, man/auto?, how does the car run otherwise?

It has 190k miles! I have changed the fuel filter and spark plugs...also the cover gasket! I just checked for vacuums leaks and I havent noticed a idle change...what I have noticed was that the breather hose from the valve cover was disconnected..I plugged it back in but still the same stalling problem. I wonder what It could be now?

Check the pcv hose it will collapse at idle. It runs from the front right of motor, under thermostat, around to intake under throttle body. When I noticed mine collapsing it was right after the 90 bend from the the intake.

yes! I already order the part online! the pcv hose or hose breather right?

I have changed the new pcv breather or pcv hose! and the car still stalls...do you have any idea what else could be? where else could I have a vacuum leak? just let me know if something please