Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Capaldi Racing

Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Hella Dynabeam Headlight Buy!!!

Default Hella Dynabeam Headlight Buy!!!

_________

_____________________________________Hello again fellow Jetters!

Here we have another awesome [FJ] member opportunity to once again save your hard earned money, this time on one of the best BNIB headlight sets available for the 2000-2004 Ford Focus: Genuine Hella Euro Dynabeam dynamic bending headlights !!! The updated appearance with trick Celis strip side accent lighting complete the style of these Hella jewels. These kits are made available to us at incredible prices by Bora Parts.

Before this goes any further, mad props go out to focaljet-1, FORDSVTPARTS, and Peloton25 for working with me to bring this buy to you! Thanks guys.

A special note of thanks goes out to SVT3658 who's enthusiasm and dedication to working out the wiring for installation is a huge contribution for all of us.

Note:

>The Dynabeam kit is a halogen projector set up with dynamic bending headlight aiming.

***Xenon with Dynabeam headlights are not available nor part of this Group Buy***

The Dynabeam halogen H7 high and low beam projectors are Euro Ford version headlights (signal indicators in headlight housing) and require additional harness connectors and wires to complete the install. See this how-to by SVT3658 for the Dynabeam specific vw harness hack.
    >Note, for current Mach or ST170/facelift owners, there have been a couple of installations so far by members swapping from Machs or ST170/facelifts and it was completely plug and play. So before working on the hack, set the headlights in their positions and plug them in to test your connection. If your Dynabeams do not function correctly, then check out the how-to listed above.

>These headlights are RHD and will need to be switched internally for LHD. See Post # 3 for how to do this.

[COLOR="blue": Limited Availability! Don't miss out![/COLOR]
    Price:
    >Dynabeams : $498 US48 SHIPPED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Note:
    >International shipping available, payable in USD only. Please request international shipping rates prior to ordering.

Click here for Hella's Dynabeam site.

Click here for Hella Dynabeam You Tube vids!

To order:
    1. Contact me by email at contact@pc-autosport.com and include your billing and shipping address(s), contact phone number, and your FJ user name. A Paypal invoice will be forwarded to for payment.
    2. Shipment is directly from Bora Parts. Please refer to post #2 for important shipping FAQ's.
    3. Shipping information will be provided asap.
    4. ETA from time of order, 7-10 business days excluding holidays.
    5. If shipping to an apartment, you must provide management office address and phone number if that is where parcels are received. You must PM and let me know. You are responsible for insuring the management office is aware of the delivery as well as the pick up from the office. Returned orders due to not being picked up will result in a re-shipping charge at your expense.
    6. If an order is placed, and inventory is sold out, your paypal payment will be refunded within 24 hours of notification of order status from Bora Parts. I will pm you and let you know.

Note:
    This offer is ONLY available to [FJ] members. If you are not a member, go here and click on the Register tab to join (personally recommended one way or the other ).

Note:
    >First come first served. Limited availability.
    >Bora Parts is not setting aside any inventory specifically for this group buy.
    >There are no more of these available from Hella.

Note:
    >No warranty expressed or implied. Every attempt will be made to satisfy group buy members. Shipping damage must be reported within 48 hours of receipt by email to icchalon@yahoo.com and include satisfactory pictures of any damage along with a written description.

Note:
    >Returns will be addressed up to 10 business days past date of delivery. Please notify intent by email to icchalon@yahoo.com.

Any other questions please ask in this thread or email icchalon@yahoo.com. My PM box fills quickly.

Pics provided by SVT3658

Group Buy participating [FJ] members:

1. Congratulations to miragesmack on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    2. Congratulations to bringler26 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    3. Congratulations to Skullsroad on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    4. Congratulations to SVT04EAP on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynambeam headlights!
    5. Congratulations to robszx2sr on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    6. Congratulations to Legend Of Grey Smoke on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    7. Congratulations to ScreaminYellow03 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    8. Congratulations to phatcity on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    9. Congratulations to BKs03SVT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    10. Congratulations svt3d on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    11. Congratulations DigitalGT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    12. Congratulations T.Goat on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    13. Congratulations DC01wagon on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    14. Congratulations pryoinsa on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
    15. Congratulations Mindstorm20 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!

Please read the FAQ's in the next post for more information!

Note: The original buy uncluded HID versions which are sold out and no longer available.
    Participants who purchased HID headlight kits are:
    1. Congratulations to SVT3658 on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    2. Congratulations to Tobyboom on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    3. Congratulations to darossi3 on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    4. Congratulations to SVT0209 on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    5. Congratulations to moyerek on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    6. Congratulations to scyzzo on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    7. Congratulations to ProSilverVT02 on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    8. Congratulations to Rexthespeedster on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    9. Congratulations to spudo on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    10. Congratulations to ONLYA6 on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    11. Congratulations to Alan_L on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    12. Congratulations to Cparker340 on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    13. Congratulations to Dago on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    14. Congratulations to mainest on his purchase of a set of Hella Xenon HID headlights!
    Last edited by bustonit; May 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM. Reason: Removed Xenon HID information as they are sold out
    ____PERFECT CIRCLE AUTOSPORT IS TEAM DYNAMICS #1 NORTH AMERICAN SPEC ORDER WHEEL DEALER!

Check out Perfect Circle Autosport's Team Dynamics wheel offerings in the New Products and Deals forum!

Default re: Hella Xenon HID & Dynabeam Headlight Buy!!

FAQ's

Q: Do these headlights fit my car?
    A: The group buy Xenon and Dynabeam headlights fit all Focus models, years 00-04.

Q:Do the headlights come with bulbs, ballasts, etc.?
    A: Yes, the group buy headlights are brand new and come complete with bulbs, ballasts, ect. as needed for Xenon HID and Dynabeam halogens.

Q: I am confused, are there Xenon Dynabeams?
    A: The group buy Xenon headlights are "Dyna look" only. They do not have the Dynabeam dynamic bending feature.

Q: Are the Dynabeam headlights halogen or HID?
    A: The Dynabeam, dynamic bending headlights, are H7 halogen. They are not HID.

Q: Are these plug and play?
    A: Yes and no.

>If your car came with, or is already set up for Mach HID or euro ST170/Mk1.5 Facelift headlights, the group buy Xenon headlights are direct plug and play. Please see the first post description for parts information for the Xenon kits (applies only to the Xenon kits). For these cars, to swap to the group buy Dynabeam halogen headlights requires this additional wiring modification for the dynamic bending feature to work.

>For cars with stock reflector headlights, this how-to is for the Xenon HID headlight installation. This additional wiring modification is required to complete the wiring of the Dynabeam dynamic bending headlights.

Q: Is there any way to make the group buy headlights plug and play?
    A: No. The tried and true vw harness is the only way to go unless you already have Mach HID's from the factory or already upgraded to Euro ST170/2000.5 facelift headlights.

Q: Can I upgrade the group buy Dynabeam halogen headlights to HID?
    A: Yes, but not legally.
    >Adding a HID kit to stock, non HID headlights on any car in the USA is illegal. Focaljet or myself are not responsible for the actions and/or liabilities of others resulting from the installation of HID kits on group buy Dynabeam headlights.

Q: Do HID's added to halogen projectors, like those in the group buy Dynabeam halogen headlights, perform as well as dedicated HID projectors?
    A: No. The beam will not be the same nor as focused as HID projectors.
    >Halogen projectors are designed for halogen headlight bulbs. The halogen bulb filament is (1) horizontal and (2) located near the top of the halogen bulb casing. The halogen projector is focused based on these two factors.
    >HID projectors are designed for Xenon HID headlight bulbs. The Xenon bulb filament is (1)vertical and (2)located in the middle of the xenon bulb casing. The HID projector is focused based on these two factors.

Q: Can I upgrade the Hella H7 halogen bulbs included with the group buy Dynabeam halogen headlights to more powerful bulbs?
    A: Yes. Upgrading is not necessary as the included Hella H7 halogen bulbs are excellent. If you want to look into upgrading, as there are many different H7 bulbs available, learn what the real deal is with headlight bulb performance from Daniel Stern Lighting and go from there.

Q: Are these headlights better than Machs?
    A. "Bullet points"
    >Group buy headlights are brand new: Machs have been out there since 03-04. Replacement bulbs and ballasts for the Machs are not cheap by any means. Reliability though has been excellent and failures uncommon, but the years are starting to pile up. As well, the clear headlight shell is not going to be pitted or yellowed, requiring sanding and polishing to refinish (which if done incorrectly or on poor condition lenses will strip the uv coat off, something rarely spoken about, but can be corrected with the additional cost of clear Stoneguard/Lamin-X).
    >New look: While this is subjective, one of the factors that goes into buying most anything is how it looks. These newer headlights are modern styled. With this new headlight option being available, some will swap from Machs to the "Dyna look" Xenons for the update in appearance/style. Along with the new look is the trick Celis strip which comes on as marker/parking and stays on with headlights. Also, the diffused indicator performance is a major upgrade.
    >Performance: The Machs have an advantage here as the Machs have a Bi-Xenon projector which gives off a stronger high beam when the stalk is held or the "steering wheel cover" hack has been done to make activate the Bi-Xenon function with the normal "click" into high beam mode. Xenon low beam performance is exactly the same. The halogen H7 high cannot compete straight up to the Bi-Xenon high beam mode, but are significantly improved and throw plenty of high beam light.
    >Price: A very nice set of used Machs on average runs in the $450 and up range. Add shipping and the group buy headlights are within $30ish dollars. Major advantage for the group buy headlights.
    >Note: There really should not be a debate between the Machs and the group buy "Dyna look" Xenons. Differences are what they are. What ever you like is what counts. We now have an option to choose. Some will like, some will not. That's ok. At least we have a choice .

Q: I noticed the group buy headlights have a reflector for the high beams. What's the deal?
    A: The group buy high beam headlights utilize H7 bulbs which are combined with Hella's Free Form (FF) lighting technology. This Free Form technology outperforms projector lamps and conventional lamps twice it's size.

Q: Any recommendations for the group buy headlights?
    A: Yes:
    > I highly recommend including the addition of Lamin-X protective coating as found here on the FSWERKS website. This is a proven way to keep the performance of your headlights like new while adding a layer of protection against open road elements.
    >I also highly recommend spending the time it takes to completely review the invaluable information found on the Daniel Stern lighting website.

Q. What shipping service is used?
    A. Bora Parts uses Fedex for all shipping.

Q. Is a signature required?
    A. In some instances, yes:
    > If the Fedex delivery driver does not feel comfortable leaving your shipment, he/she will place a delivery notice on your door with a number to call for the local depot.
    > If you have a sudden change of plans, and will not be around for the delivery, you can call Fedex and provide the tracking number and have your shipment held at the closest depot or Fedex Office/Kinko's location.
    >If you live in an apartment complex and deliveries are made to the management office, it is probably a good idea to let them know you have a shipment on the way and they will have to sign for it.

Please read how to set your projectors to LHD below in post #3.
    Last edited by bustonit; Apr 27, 2011 at 12:00 AM.
    ____PERFECT CIRCLE AUTOSPORT IS TEAM DYNAMICS #1 NORTH AMERICAN SPEC ORDER WHEEL DEALER!

Check out Perfect Circle Autosport's Team Dynamics wheel offerings in the New Products and Deals forum!

Default Re: I JUST ordered one of these!

To switch the RHD headlights setting to LHD.

For HID kits:

Take the headlights off your car, and remove the back cover.

Look inside, and on both sides of the projector you will see little metal tabs that come out from behind the projector then bend and come toward you. Grab a skinny screwdriver, and stick it in there and slide the metal tab either up or down, depending on where it is at. Do this for both headlights.

This is how the tabs look alongside the projectors and the proper settings.
    (pics provided by superunknOwn)

Before tightening your headlights, check the beam pattern against a wall.
    >The RHD pattern looks similar this against a wall: \_ \_ If this is what you see, then the metal tabs around the projector must be switched.
    >If it is set to LHD (neutral) it will look like this: ____ (straight across). You do not have to change the projector setting.

For the Dynabeam halogen kits:

Look at pages 37 and 38 of this .pdf for illustration:
    http://dynabeam.hella-online.com/COM...tage_golf5.pdf
    >Basically, the Dynabeams have a small black toggle like switch around the projector. All that is needed is a flat head screwdriver to reposition the switch. Do this for both headlights.
    >As with the HID kits above, before tightening your headlights, check the beam pattern against a wall. If it looks like \_ \_ , then the switch needs to be repositioned. If the headlights are set correctly to LHD (neutral), the beam pattern will look like this ______ (straight across). You do not have to change the projector setting.
    Last edited by bustonit; Oct 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM.

Beam pattern: Flat

Last edited by bustonit; Apr 6, 2011 at 11:39 PM.

First set if HIDs are installed. The HIDs are confirmed to be plug and play!

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-rigz...ml#post7591477

Quote Originally Posted by SVT3658 View Post
    Let me start by saying I have wanted a set of these headlights since I found them on the "no-no" site 4 years ago. I never bought a set due to the cost of them, and his reputation with shipping headlights.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I found them on ebay US by chance, some company in the US imported a bunch of them. I did a search on FJ, resurrected a Zombie thread, and the buzz started. Then I found out about a group buy here on FJ for the lights. I couldn't say no.

I bought a set from the group buy and they came this weekend.

They were packed EXCELLENTLY

No broken tabs here!

mmmmmm

Installed:

Blinker and Celis strip on:

Lowbeams on:

Out with the old and busted, in with the new hotness!

Overall, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with these lights! They are BETTER than MACHs in my opinion. They fit better than my stock SVT lights did, and even my old MACHs or ST170s.

The were COMPLETELY PLUG AND PLAY with my car (I did the MACH / ST170 wiring hack)

I will get better pictures with a clean car soon, I just couldn't wait to get pictures of them up.

These are seriously awesome lights. Indescribably awesome.

If you want to get your own set (which I think you should), check them out here:

http://forums.focaljet.com/group-buy...light-buy.html

This is the best pricing you will ever find. Ever. If you want a set, don't hesitate. They will probably be gone soon
    Last edited by SVT3658; Feb 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM.
    bustonit likes this.
    Perfect Circle Autosport, for all your TeamDynamics wheel needs
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardsvt View Post
    When I first started reading the thing on this forum I thought that most of the people here are a bunch of douche rockets but I learned that most of the people here have a certain sense of humor that most people don't get. Some may come off as big turds but they can back it up with first hand experience and when they say "don't do it" I just learned to listen and trust those who have the knowledge.

TEAM Member

OOOhhhh. I would love these, but my money recently went into other ventures to be revealed this summer. Seriously sick pricing though!

so if i have the eap hid stock this will just be plug and play correct???
    I Hope you got a big trunk cause im putting my bike in it!!!
    Is it true if you dont use it you lose it???

Quote Originally Posted by j20000
    A stupid 4cyl/auto Fusion....I went from cool to Old Man over night. :(

yes sir it will
    When I first started reading the thing on this forum I thought that most of the people here are a bunch of douche rockets but I learned that most of the people here have a certain sense of humor that most people don't get. Some may come off as big turds but they can back it up with first hand experience and when they say "don't do it" I just learned to listen and trust those who have the knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by robszx2sr View Post
    so if i have the eap hid stock this will just be plug and play correct???
    I'll second this question... and subscribed
    04' Pitch Black SVT (EAP)... #981
    FC ORP, Steeda STS, Dogbone, Clutch Masters Stage 1 w/ lightweight flywheel

I still miss my ex, but my aim is improving.

Again, yes it is plug and play

Quantities limited.... As in how many?
    FSwerks Tune on COBB Accessport, Steeda Intake, Cp-E Catless downpipe, DIY Front mount Intercooler, H&R Coilovers, MRR HR55 wheels 18x9, Breedt Shift Arm, Boomba RMM

Quote Originally Posted by Tobyboom View Post
    Quantities limited.... As in how many?
    Exact numbers are not attainable this weekend. I can get the numbers next week. Bora is not holding inventory specifically for this buy, so they are selling them too. Last check was a few weeks ago @ 20/23 Xenon/Dynabeam IIRC. Probably down in the teens on both by now. These are moving and won't take too long to blow through at these mega discounted prices.

TEAM Member

1) That adapter works for pre and post 02 models correct? It just adapts to the headlight, and the other end is spliced to existing wires, correct?

2) I'm not sure if I will ever want HID, but if I do, what did we determine on the other thread, can you SAFELY/Legally update the non HID model to HID? I have no idea what I'm looking at when it comes to HID, never seen any up close before. Do they have the correct projectors, lenses, whatever?

when do you have to have the money by im waiting on my taxes to hit but i would love the dynabeams
    I Hope you got a big trunk cause im putting my bike in it!!!
    Is it true if you dont use it you lose it???

Quote Originally Posted by j20000
    A stupid 4cyl/auto Fusion....I went from cool to Old Man over night. :(

Quote Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
    1) That adapter works for pre and post 02 models correct? It just adapts to the headlight, and the other end is spliced to existing wires, correct?

Correct. Currently we are working on an adapter hack for the Dynabeams. The pins in the socket are slightly different than the current hack. So set is being sent out this week to work out the adapter wire placement. For HID, the current hack works just fine.

2) I'm not sure if I will ever want HID, but if I do, what did we determine on the other thread, can you SAFELY/Legally update the non HID model to HID? I have no idea what I'm looking at when it comes to HID, never seen any up close before. Do they have the correct projectors, lenses, whatever?
    The HID upgrade is workable on the Dynabeams with slight modification of the headlight bulbs retainer to allow the HID wire harness to be moved out of the way so the bulb will tighten and twist. Basically you have to dremel/cut the retainer at the red line seen below.

The projectors are not HID projectors. They are halogen. The cut off is excellent as seen in these pics (from the other thread) of a set of Dynabeams
    upgrades with an HID kit:

As far as legality goes, only OEM hid headlights are "legal". All of these aftermarket kits being put into non-HID headlights are "technically" illegal. The question becomes are people getting stopped for having HID kits. Can't say for sure myself, but I have not read of this happening.
    Last edited by bustonit; Feb 15, 2011 at 8:57 AM.

Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast