Ford Focus Forum banner

Collapsed vacuum hose.

22K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Yachapohld 
#1 ·
Hi all. 2002 SE Zetec Dohc.
Have a collapsed vacuum hose, need to know some specifics to tell the guy at the parts dept. The hose goes from the back of the intake, right below the throttle body, and runs to a pipe under the coil. Whats the official name for this hose? Also, I've never seen a clamp like the one on this hose. Doesn't appear to be the squeeze type or the regular type you loosen with a screwdriver. Almost looks like ya gotta pry it off. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) hose.
Very common problem that they collapse when old.
Also, you have to cut the crimped clamp (not reusable) of the hose to manifold and use a new hose clamp; screw or squeeze type-doesn't matter.

#3 ·
Just an overall question: How are you folks replacing this hose? Are you attacking it from above or under the car?

I'm thinking of replacing mine out of maintenance (hose hasn't been replaced since new) :D

#4 ·
I did mine from above, snaked my arm down there.

#5 ·
Buy the factory parts, they're perfect. They just get old, hot and brittle over time. The front one is about 4 bucks, and the rear is around 6 bucks. Cheap enough to do it right. Common problem. I was able to get to both from the top fairly easily. Good time to replace the pcv too ;)

g

#11 ·
^ I think they suggest that because the stock clamp is a complete pain in the ass since its one of those hold-it-with-a-plier two tab clamp thingies.

I had an extra screw-type hose clamp I used. Really just as long as you put something on there to hold it you're good.

#13 ·
^ I think they suggest that because the stock clamp is a complete pain in the ass since its one of those hold-it-with-a-plier two tab clamp thingies.

I had an extra screw-type hose clamp I used. Really just as long as you put something on there to hold it you're good.
That's what I was thinking. :lol: But I didn't have an extra screw-type so I just kept trying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.