Ford Focus Forum banner

2016 SE EcoBoost Start-Stop not working

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MustFocus 
#1 ·
Hi Folks, is anyone else having issues with the auto start-stop feature on the 1 liter ecoboost? I've owned the car for 4 months now and it has never activated while I sit at a stoplight. The theory is when you pull up to a stop with the car in neutral, the engine should shut down until the clutch is depressed again to restart. There is a little indicator that comes on the dash that shows it is ready but it never activates. From what I read, it's likely a low battery that causes this but the car has no symptoms of a low battery, I drive it several times a week, and the battery is 4 months old. Is there anything obvious I should be looking for before I resort to the dealer? Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
That's weird, mine always does (when I forget to turn it off, which I always try to do). Only weird thing I saw once when the car was hot in an Arby's drive through it came back on automatically, I'm assuming because the fans were drawing too much power.

I wonder if you only driving it periodically has the computer keeping the car running to power the alternator or the keep the battery from drawing too much. My car turns 8 months old and already has 20500 miles.

#3 ·
Definitely possible. 4 months and I just hit 3000 miles this weekend. I primarily drive on weekends so it seems possible that might have an effect on the computer or battery. I spoke with the dealer this morning and they had never heard of the issue so I'll likely bring it in soon for a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.