Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

FSWerks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fuel pump driver module?

does anyone know were the fuel pump driver module is and what it looks like?

Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor Z63R's Avatar

Default Re: fuel pump driver module?

Welcome to [FJ].

Underneath the passenger-side rear seat bottom; under the carpet... I think. If that's what it is, it's directly over the fuel pump... not sure, 'cause I've never had a fuel pump out of Focus fuel tank. I've R&R'd other fuel pumps; just not in a Focus. Yet.
    "Wine tasting isn't bad, but given the choice, I'd rather drink left-over beer and replace brake pads." - OmniFocus

2.3 Duratec ZX3 + some bits

i found it under the the carpet under the right side of the3 rear seat i still don't know if it is bad or something else is causing the P1233 code

TEAM Member

With that code, that "is" what is normally wrong with the car is the FPDM.
    The right driver can work magic.

Rookie

Anyone have an idea of how to remove it and possibly a part number? I suspect mine may be dodgy...
    '03 ST170 - 1.5bar coming soon.

Premier Sponsor

P/N 4S4Z*9D372*AA $71.00 plus shipping from me and I do stock one.
    Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) Proudly helping forum members build and maintain their vehicles with OEM and Ford Racing parts since 2004.

Now accepting online orders here http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

You can also find us here http://forums.focaljet.com/tousley-ford/

Rookie

Ah, thank you!

If Ford SA doesn't have it I'll be letting you know.

Premier Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Kkrutch View Post
    Ah, thank you!

If Ford SA doesn't have it I'll be letting you know.
    They won't have it for $71.00

I could probably get it to you via next day air and still beat their price
    Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) Proudly helping forum members build and maintain their vehicles with OEM and Ford Racing parts since 2004.

Rookie

That part number isn't on the Ford SA system, but I may not be needing it. I filled the tank last night and took the car for a "spirited" drive, and with a full tank the problem is almost 100% gone, which confirms it's the fuel pump overheating when the level drops. I have a Walbro pump I was sponsored for when I turbo the car so I'll be putting that in within the next few days. If the problem is still there afterwards - you'll hear from me. Thanks again!

What pump do you have? Returnless fuel systems require specific returnless pumps. Return style pumps do not work in these cars.

You will burn up the FPDM with the wrong style pump.
    03 Zetec ATX - Supercharged / Turbocharged / Stock again. Awaiting turbo kit V 2.0.
    00 Mustang Gt - Built motor - SOLD 4/24/10
    07 Ninja 500R -

Rookie

The pump I have is what the Walbro catalogue recommends - it's a Walbro GSS342 pump. I hope it's right?

Premier Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Kkrutch View Post
    That part number isn't on the Ford SA system, but I may not be needing it. I filled the tank last night and took the car for a "spirited" drive, and with a full tank the problem is almost 100% gone, which confirms it's the fuel pump overheating when the level drops. I have a Walbro pump I was sponsored for when I turbo the car so I'll be putting that in within the next few days. If the problem is still there afterwards - you'll hear from me. Thanks again!
    It didn't strike me what you were reffering to with the "SA" abbreviation.

South Africa, I take back the cheap next day air offer

I can still help for sure though, we do ship worldwide. Hopefully you've got it figured out though.

Rookie

I have an '04 focus with the 2.3L. I had problems with it randomly losing power while making a clicking sound(think of the sound your mouse makes when clicking) that came from the dash area. I took it into my ford dealer and they said the fuel pump and fuel pump driver module was going bad.
    My dads owned his own engine rebuilding shop for 30 years and we both just want to make sure this it the problem before we drop the tank ourselves
    Any thoughts?

Premier Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dbarylski08 View Post
    I have an '04 focus with the 2.3L. I had problems with it randomly losing power while making a clicking sound(think of the sound your mouse makes when clicking) that came from the dash area. I took it into my ford dealer and they said the fuel pump and fuel pump driver module was going bad.
    My dads owned his own engine rebuilding shop for 30 years and we both just want to make sure this it the problem before we drop the tank ourselves
    Any thoughts?
    It's kind of hard to diagnose with the way you're describing it but it could be either or both I suppose.

Not sure if this helps but I stock two FPDMs and no pumps for the 2004 2.3, the pump is Duratec specific.

Just by that I'd lean towards the FPDM and just as an FYI the FPDM is the same for every Focus from 2000-2005.

Rookie

The dealer that did the diagnostic pulled a code from the scan saying something was wrong with the FPDM. I've read a lot of post online saying that its located underneath the carpet in the back seat? does that sound right?
    So replacement and installation would consist of pulling up the carpet and swaping them out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast