Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

OVERBOOST

Rookie

Default I have a 03 ford focus, 2.0 single port, how many quarts of 5w 20 does the engine....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 03 ford focus, 2.0 single port, how many quarts of 5w 20 does the engine take? Don't say 4 quarts
    I tried 4 quarts, not enough. I drained the oil, removed the oil filter, added 4 quarts, ran the engine, made sure pressure was up, filter full, 4 quarts did , not fill the engine. Close to 6 quarts later, it is full. I drove the vehicle around town ,let it sit in my garage, flat surface, it is NOT overfilled. I am completely confused! I am hoping someone out there ran into the same problem, again, no leaks, 4 quarts did not fill the engine. Please help, don't want to blow a seal but I worked at a Juffy Lube for years a long time ago along with wrenching on cars for a dealership, you never, ever leave an engine low on oil, fundamentals 101, fill the engine to full level on oils stick, brand new oil stick just in case you were wondering, let me know!!

Default Re: I have a 03 ford focus, 2.0 single port, how many quarts of 5w 20 does the engine

My Chiltons states 4qts. spi. But from a quick search it seems you are not the first to ask that.

Rookie

Default Re: I have a 03 ford focus, 2.0 single port, how many quarts of 5w 20 does the engine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have another problem, could you help me with this.
    2003 Ford Focus 2.0 Split port, check engine light on again P0401 OBD2 code.......
    Items I replaced to attempt to clear the check engine light code p0401:
    New EGR Valve
    New EGR Valve Tube that connects to the egr and the front manifold
    New PCV Valve and new tube from pcv to rear engine hook up area
    New EGR Vacuum Solenoid
    New EGR Pressure Valve DPFE
    Checked all emission related hoses, solid.
    Cleared the check engine light after replacing each part at a time. The check engine light has come on AGAIN. I went ahead and ripped everything apart and sprayed the throttle body, cleaned the port where the egr valve connects to, the only good news is I just learned that if you disconnect the battery, it clears the CEL. I know I just threw you all this in one shot. Any help would be great!
    Should I consider replacing my computer and if so, can I change the computer without needing the dealer? Thanks
    Ant