Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

FJ Gear Store

Senior TEAM Member

Default O/D light is flashing

ok so i was on my way home from school just few mins ago it hasnt even been 5mins i felt my car shifting kinda hard so i take it around the block look down and the O/D light is flashing orange.. im like thats not right. im getting ready to take it to the dealship because my car is still under warranty but does anyone know what this is causeing it?

kyle

Default Re: O/D light is flashing

check the fluid level.

Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor Z63R's Avatar

check the fluid level.
    ^^^ <font color="green">TXFO</font> knows what he's talking about especially when it comes to Ford electronics, so any advice from him would be worth checking out.

When you check the fluid level, the car must be parked on flat, level ground and idling at normal operating temperature in Park.

Right before you pull the stick to wipe it clean and re-insert for an accurate reading, shift the trans into all positions, hold each postion for a beat, then place the shifter back into Park.

Check the level.

Sounds like it got hot and disabled the O/D; did the light go out after the car cooled off for a while?

ok so i was on my way home from school just few mins ago it hasnt even been 5mins i felt my car shifting kinda hard so i take it around the block look down and the O/D light is flashing orange.. im like thats not right. im getting ready to take it to the dealship because my car is still under warranty but does anyone know what this is causeing it?

kyle
    A flahsing OD light means a malfunction is occurring, and the on-board diagnistics (OBD) has detected it. It'a similar to a Check Engine light when an engine control malfunction is occurring. There is a code stored in the PCM (powertrain control module), it can be retrieved with a scan tool, and will give a decent indication as to what the malfunction is..... It could be somethig simple, or somethign big, hard to say at this point.

hello sir. I'm writing this message to you in reference for the following post.

10-31-2005, 06:11 PM #4 BlownSkillet1 vbmenu_register("postmenu_5186498", true);
    TEAM Member

Re: O/D light is flashing
    Sounds like it got hot and disabled the O/D; did the light go out after the car cooled off for a while?

For few days i'm experiencing this situation with my '98 Toyota Camry. In the morning the when its cold, I start the engine ODOMeter and SpeedOmeter seem to turn off completely and as I drive O/D and Engine lights turn on and i feel some disturbance in gear shifting. As the car warms up everything becomes normal.
    Same situation during daytime when its so hot same problem comes back so have to turn on A/C to cool up car till it becomes normal.

I take it that you might have some experience with this so would you like to explain what's the solution?

Thanks.

My O/D light is blinking orange to, but when I took it to Autozone to get it scaned, nothing popped up. I even drove around until it came back on and still, nothing. The check engine light DOES NOT come on, so I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Any help?
    Driver > Car

2005 ZX3 SE

White Painted Steelies