Ford Focus Forum banner

List of Bulb Sizes for the Ford Focus.

10K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  anthony_8606 
#1 ·
I see that there are some that would like to know the bulb replacement numbers for the Ford Focus. Well here is a list to help those out. This is from the Sylvania Website:

High & low beam headlamp
Part number = 9003

Upgrade Part Number = 9003ST
"Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade - Whitest, Brightest, 100% Street Legal"

Upgrade Part Number = 9003CB
Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade - White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Upgrade Part Number = 9003XV
XtraVision Halogen Upgrade - Up to 30% Brighter than standard

Parking light
Part number = 3157LL

Front turn signal
Part number = 3157LL

Rear turn signal
Part number = 3157LL

Tail light
Part number = 3157LL

Stop light
Part number = 3157LL

High mount stop light
Part number = 2825

Fog/Driving light
Part number = 899
& 893's as well

License plate
Part number = 6418

Back up light
Part number = 3156LL

Except coupe model

Part number = 921

Coupe
Upgrade Part Number = 921LL
Long Life Upgrade - Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker
Part number = 194

Upgrade Part Number = 194LL
Long Life Upgrade - Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Dome light
Part number = 6411

Trunk/Cargo area
Part number = 2825 (Coupe)
Part number = 6411 (Except coupe model)

The headlight bulb numbers are as follows:
Factory: HB2
Aftermarket ones. These are for the headlights that have not been modded to run either the MACH HID's, ST-170, Projector Beams or the RS Headlights: H4 or 9003

For those other ones: H7,H9 and those with the Glass Foglights (euro version): H1

Stock wattage for the Headlight bulbs: 55low/65High

Foglights:37.5

Aftermarket Headlight bulbs: There are some here on the jet that run the PIAA or Hella 80 watts low beam and 100 high beam. Some have had issues w/ these while others have not. IMHO, don't go higher than 55 watts for the low beam and 65 for the high beams. Some have found out that running the higher wattage has caused issues and problems: Such as: Lens melting or even melted wiring harness.

Foglight bulbs: Personally I have ran the 50watt bulbs from batinc. Two days short of a year the left side blew out. It can handle the wattage, but running the Yellow Batinc bulbs Will leave the platic lens housing turn yellow do to the heat.

Glass Fogs (euro ones): H1 55watts, then there are the ones that run 100watts. On this one use your best judgement in running something w/ a higher wattage. Most of all have fun.

[ 12-25-2002, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks alot...kind-of weird i was just about to get some bulbs for my new ST170's tomorrow...so im lookin for a set of H7 and a set of H1's...do you recomend any bulbs in particular...was gonna go to a performance shop and just ask them to try to match my key light (really really bright white with a tiny tiny blue tint, looks like audi lights)...but if you have a suggestions that would really help me out, also lookin for some white fogs too (stock USA fogs) that wont tint them yellow or burn them....thanks a lot, you dont know how much this will help me!
-chris

#5 ·
Originally posted by CrUziN4L:
thanks alot...kind-of weird i was just about to get some bulbs for my new ST170's tomorrow...so im lookin for a set of H7 and a set of H1's...do you recomend any bulbs in particular...was gonna go to a performance shop and just ask them to try to match my key light (really really bright white with a tiny tiny blue tint, looks like audi lights)...but if you have a suggestions that would really help me out, also lookin for some white fogs too (stock USA fogs) that wont tint them yellow or burn them....thanks a lot, you dont know how much this will help me!
-chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would check w/ www.mcnewsautomotive.com they have some great prices on Hella Bulbs that are really great or even www.piaa.com The yellow ones where from www.batinc.net

If I have forgotten any bulb numbers wether for the headlights or foglights please feel free to post a reply.

[ 12-20-2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

#6 ·
Don't forget the MACH HID's

they use:
High/Low HID bulb: D2S
High/Flash-to-pass Bulb: H7
City lights:W5W/194
Turn Signal:????

-chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For the H7 bulbs I would go with the Phillips Vision+ bulbs, same wattage as stock but 50% more light and I beleive it, I ran a H4 set of them and loved them(new car has HID's)
for the H1 bulbs just get either a standard Hella bulbs
an overwatt 100watt hella bulb or a standard watt +50 Hella bulb

www.autolamps-online.com for the vision+ bulbs

[ 12-21-2002, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: focalBlur ]

#9 ·
bump...if anyone has any suggestions on bulbs i can buy for the ST170's (H1,H7)please post or throw me a PM...cuz i went to the store and they had all kinds with higher wattage and i dont wanna melt the housings, so help me out!

#10 ·
bump...if anyone has any suggestions on bulbs i can buy for the ST170's (H1,H7)please post or throw me a PM...cuz i went to the store and they had all kinds with higher wattage and i dont wanna melt the housings, so help me out!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">phillips vision+ bulbs

www.autolamps-online.com

best bulbs money can buy, and not overwatt, plus they work best in ECE(euro spec) type lamps

#12 ·
Originally posted by focalBlur:
Don't forget the MACH HID's

they use:
High/Low HID bulb: D2S
High/Flash-to-pass Bulb: H7
City lights:W5W/194
Turn Signal:????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks!
I'll keep that for handy reference.

For the D2S bulbs, any specific brand out there? I know Hella makes the light assembly, but are there alternatives (if anyone would recommend going elsewhere other than Hella)?

#17 ·
Originally posted by zetecinside:
IMHO, don't go higher than 55 watts for the low beam and 65 for the high beams. Some have found out that running the higher wattage has caused issues and problems: Such as: Lens melting or even melted wiring harness.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Sylvania website rates the 9003 Silverstars at [max]65/72. Is this ok to run?

#19 ·
[QB]also lookin for some white fogs too (stock USA fogs) that wont tint them yellow or burn them.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Try getting Streetglo fog bulbs from Mcnew's, they are as white as the Silverstars. They are listed as Wizard fog bulbs on their sight though.

#21 ·
Originally posted by BLOWNSTANG:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zetecinside:
IMHO, don't go higher than 55 watts for the low beam and 65 for the high beams. Some have found out that running the higher wattage has caused issues and problems: Such as: Lens melting or even melted wiring harness.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Sylvania website rates the 9003 Silverstars at [max]65/72. Is this ok to run?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have the silverstars and have no issues with these at all BLOWNSTANG. Go for it. I mean not to go like 85 or 90 or 100watts.

[ 03-03-2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.