Ford Focus Forum banner

30,000 mile maintenance

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Frank in Boston 
#1 ·
My 2000 ZX3 will be due for this service very soon. Can anyone give me an idea what Ford chargers to do this? My ZX3 is a manual.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

#2 ·
A ****load.

#5 ·
Please everyone - don't ever ask for the "xxx-miles service"! You're opening yourself up for whatever the dealer wants to tack on. And yes, charge you $600 (or more). Get out your owners manual and make a note of EXACTLY what it says to do for whatever miles you have. DEMAND that your dealer do ONLY these items. The service writer will grumble and throw a hissy fit of sorts, but you'll save HUNDREDS of dollars.

#8 ·
Tranny Fluid Change on ATX:$129.00: Ford
Radiator Flush: $50.00 not by ford
Oil Change: $25.00 NON Ford
Filter Replaced if needed. I have the K&N Filter
PCV inspected and replaced if needed. $5.00 at max. Do this one yourself
Check all Hoses
Check Front and rear Brakes
Rotate Tires.

I know that there are a few that I have missed. Someone else can post what ever else I did not list also check w/ your Owners Manual.

To get the things listed on paper by the Ford Dealer for my Wife's 2001 ZX3, mind you this is for her 15,000 mile check up was going to run her in the vicinity of: $200.00

#9 ·
Originally posted by zetecinside:
Check all Hoses
Rotate Tires.

I know that there are a few that I have missed. Someone else can post what ever else I did not list also check w/ your Owners Manual.

To get the things listed on paper by the Ford Dealer for my Wife's 2001 ZX3, mind you this is for her 15,000 mile check up was going to run her in the vicinity of: $200.00
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You missed the fuel filter that has to be replaced at 30,000 miles service.

#10 ·
Originally posted by zetecinside:
Check all Hoses
Rotate Tires.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Look I don't know what manual you guys are using, but you're throwing your money away. Don't ever listen to the service advisor... they're only intereested in making money.

I have the manual in front of me and at 30k all you have to do is:

Change oil and filter
Change Air filter
Change fuel filter
Change Auto transmission fluid

I don't have a auto transmission, but for the first 3 items we're talking $80 total. As for all those "inpections" ... that's a huge trap. As soon as you say "inspect" XYZ... that's a standard half hour of labor charge for them to glance at it.

Ford does not recommend changing manual transmission fluid. It should last the life of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.