Ford Focus Forum banner

Washer Fluid Reservoir Leaks/Overflows

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  badmojo66 
#1 ·
I know this has been addressed previously.

I fill the reservoir and it leaks out either on to the ground, which you can see if I enter or exit while in a curve (at slow speeds in and out of a driveway), or it leaks back into the engine compartment and trickles down under the battery tray and the intake box is sucking some of it in and I'm getting blue crystallization forming below the air-filter inside the air box.

I remember that people had posted that earlier versions had a reservoir with a 'second opening' that wasn't supposed to be there or was supposed to be sealed but wasn't.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Originally posted by G1-Focus:
I know this has been addressed previously.

I fill the reservoir and it leaks out either on to the ground, which you can see if I enter or exit while in a curve (at slow speeds in and out of a driveway), or it leaks back into the engine compartment and trickles down under the battery tray and the intake box is sucking some of it in and I'm getting blue crystallization forming below the air-filter inside the air box.

I remember that people had posted that earlier versions had a reservoir with a 'second opening' that wasn't supposed to be there or was supposed to be sealed but wasn't.

Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just noticed this on my car a few days ago. I filled it with an entire gallon of juice, and drove around for a while. When I got home, I saw some liquid near the drivers side of the engine. I put a towel in there, and it soaked up a ton of wiper fluid. I'm going to take it in for warranty work soon.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#4 ·
Originally posted by Affect:
I filled it with an entire gallon of juice, and drove around for a while.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just put entire gallon of fluid in yesterday and the little cup thing was still empty. Isn't the thing you pour the fluid into supposed to show how full the resevoir is?

How much does the resevoir hold? I wonder if I have leak or something too? I couldn't tell because I spilled some when starting to pour.

#5 ·
Well, It was a gallon and then about a cup of water from the sink. I wanted to see how much it could hold as well. Is your's leaking too?

#8 ·
I dropped off my car at the dealership this morning, and I just called the service manager. He told me that this was normal, and that the reservoir leaks. It isn't airtight, and if you fill it pretty full, some will splash out. I really don't want to believe this. Does anyone know how I can contact Ford directly to get a straight answer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.