Ford Focus Forum banner

3A Racing seats at pep boys: surprising

13K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  DisrupTer911 
#1 ·
i've seen these 3a racing seats at pep boys b4, but never really payed them much attn, cept for they do have a nice low price tag. but i figured they were crap. BUT...today i actually sat in them and to my amazement, they were surprisingly comfortable and supportive (well two of three were). The cheapest cloth model was stiff and had terrible support, but the one for 179 had black w/color of choice leathery or vinyl somethin, it was nice, and the $229 one that was leather (maybe imitation, but who cares) was extremely nice. anyone had experience w/these in their cars, for street and track use??

#2 ·
i got a friend that was gonna buy a pair for his focus, but found out from the guys at Pep Boys, that he won't be able to get a pair, not for another year or so, cause they were deemed unsafe. Yep, unsafe. that's what he told me. you might want to ask the guys at Pep Boys to make sure for yourself.

#3 ·
I happened to be at pep-boys two days ago and there was a mitsu eclipse having two of them installed... So if they are really unsafe, maybe only some of the stores know about this... I agree, I sat in them awhile ago, and they were fairly comfortable, and even appeared to be pretty well built.
Chalk ONE up for pep boys, now if they would ditch APC!

#4 ·
sorry to post whore but speaking of apc have you been to walmart lately they are now carring apc products. lol

that just means there will be ever more ghetto ass car with apc wings, mufflers,and stickers. that sucks

thegreat1

#5 ·
I'd just bought a set of $179.00 i'm goin to put them on this weekend.There's alot to modify like the brackets.I work in a machine shop and i had to make extension becouse the brackets the seats brings are to short for the stock holes.The seats are a litter to low so i had to make spacers like 11/2 high.So if u don't know anybody who work in a machine shop or u don't have the tools to make it fit,don't waste ur time or ur money 'couse u won't be abel to fit them.But they look great for the $$$.I'll post pics next week.

#6 ·
Orrrrrr you could source a set of brackets from another company such as Sparco, Recaro, etc. Most of the aftermarket brackets are made for bottom mount seats such as the 3A's (which I have in the fake black leather) I did have to modify the bracket (the ones from sparco) a little bit to make it fit the seats sliders correctly, but its quite easy to do.

#7 ·
I work at wal-mart in the recieving dept. Yup yesterday I saw a small box with an APC logo on it. "accidentally" fell off the conveyor.

#8 ·
I happened to be at pep-boys two days ago and there was a mitsu eclipse having two of them installed... So if they are really unsafe, maybe only some of the stores know about this... I agree, I sat in them awhile ago, and they were fairly comfortable, and even appeared to be pretty well built.
Chalk ONE up for pep boys, now if they would ditch APC!
Haha...thought 3a racing and apc was the same company...all they got at checker from 3aracing is crap anyway.

#10 ·
Hey, at least they're spamming really old threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.