Ford Focus Forum banner

How long for window tint to cure in the winter?

41K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Hocky 
#1 ·
I got my car stripped and retinted with quantum tint (which looks awesome, btw), but it is pretty bubbley. One of the windows flat out needs to be replaced, it is terrible. The rest of them are still pretty bubbley as well. How long should I wait before really giving them a hard time and making them redo the car? I am sure it takes longer to cure due to being cold and lack of sunlight, etc. I've had great results with these guys in the past, but I've always been tinted in the summer months.

#4 ·
It shouldnt have any bubbles ever. They should all be taken out during the install. If the tint dries while there is a bubble there, your only hope is to pop the bubble and push the air out, and even then, it wouldnt look right.

I agree, take it back now and tell them to redo it. The way you described it, it will never go away.

#6 ·
Well, In normal conditions you can roll down the window the next day. But if its cold out I wait about a week. A good Idea would be to turn the heater up full blast and let it run for an hour. Need to let it heat the tint to get the water out!! Show us some pics!!

#7 ·
wait a couple days...i waited 4 full days before rolling down my windows after my tints....mine had bubbles too but they disapeered...yours should to in this span of time...if not take it back..... the whole point of a profesional tint job is to not have bubbles lol

#10 ·
Well, In normal conditions you can roll down the window the next day. But if its cold out I wait about a week. A good Idea would be to turn the heater up full blast and let it run for an hour. Need to let it heat the tint to get the water out!! Show us some pics!!

It is a cool tint style (19% quantum), changes from black at many angles to reflective from others kind of like a nicely pearled paint job. Lifetime warranty, though for $300 it better be good! None the less, the bubbles are still pretty bad, unfortunately I cannot get them fixed until easter weekend. Yay for seeing everything as distorted while driving!

#14 ·
$300, holy crap. I would never spend that much on tint. My friend tints cars and he does foci for $150 and he gives a lifetime warranty on any car he tints. He can also order any kind of tint you want. Ive helped him on several cars, so Ive picked it up along the way.
well, it was actually $280 with stripping and retinting. With normal tint (not the quantum), it would have been about $220.

As for pics of the bubbles, it was hard to get a shot of then windows that are mediocre that might clear up because it is overcast and the glass is dirty... but hell, I'll go get a shot of the bad window for you guys! haha

#17 ·
The tint shop is 200 miles away and I won't be able to get it back to them until the 26th. I talked to them a couple of minutes ago and they claim for this to be "normal" because it is a 100% metal based tint and to give it some time to dry out. I told them that is no big deal since I cannot go up there until the 26th anyway, but to expect me there and making them retint every piece of glass on the car ;-)

#19 ·
it is pretty bubbley
Id take it back tomorrow. Tiny, tiny bubbles are going to go away on their own, but if its bubbled enough to be described as "pretty bubbley" they did an awful job.
This Sums it up.
Period.
2-4 days should do, but only for the tiniest of bubbles.
Good Luck.

#23 ·
UPDATE:
They kept telling me to wait it out.... well, finally the tint is pretty much 100% cured. They said it takes an extradorinarily long time due to the tint being of a 100% metal film.

I just wish I would've went a bit darker, it is much more transparent than my old tint was...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.