Ford Focus Forum banner

Fog lamp "on with high beams" rewire - how to

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  the_fog 
#1 ·
Fog lamp \"on with high beams\" rewire - how to

I was able to rewire my fog lamps on my F150 to stay on with the high beams with instructions from an F150 forum. Does anyone know how to make this same mod for a 2005 ZX5?

It is a very noticeable improvement to your ditch and forward visibility on dark country roads...

Thanks in advance!

Brent

#3 ·
Re: Fog lamp \"on with high beams\" rewire - how to

Thanks! I saw that mod on focushacks, but misread the subject. I thought that made the mod to only have the fogs on with the park lights. Up in Canada we have daytime running lights, so the hack didn't make much sense to me at first.

Thanks for the help!

#6 ·

do a search for "Foglight mod" or check out www.focushacks.com. If you do the "foglight mod" then your fogs will also stay on when you turn on your highbeams
Mine dont.
hmm, that's weird. I've had two '01 ZX3's and have jumped the terminals on both of them the same way, and my fogs stay on when I turn my highbeams on in both my current and former car.

#10 ·

I think Bleed4speed wants his fogs to work with the brights clicked on
Ive done the foglight mod and it does'nt change that. It just allows you to run the fogs with teh parking lights.
that is definitely an anomaly.

#11 ·

To clarify: I want to have the fog lights on with the high beams (maximum lighting).

I went to do the fix last night, and in the 2005 ZX5 there is no R13 relay installed! No relay, no wiring to the relay socket, nothing.

Does anyone know how to do this mod on an 05 Focus?

#12 ·

To clarify: I want to have the fog lights on with the high beams (maximum lighting).

I went to do the fix last night, and in the 2005 ZX5 there is no R13 relay installed! No relay, no wiring to the relay socket, nothing.

Does anyone know how to do this mod on an 05 Focus?
Sir, I've done this mod on an '05. Everything works fine. Foglights come on with the parking lights and will stay on with the highbeams. Even if there isnt a relay in place, try doign the mod as if you just pulled the relay out. I cant remember if the '05 I did had a relay or not.

#13 ·

There's no wires onto the bottom of the socket base for R13 (assuming I've got the right relay identified...) which I discovered after I stuck the jumper in & found no change to the lighting.

I'm in Canada - is there a chance that the Canadian cars have different wiring to accommodate the daytime running lights?

Thanks for the replies so far, BTW!

#16 ·

Like I was saying, my fuse/relay box looks different, and I'm sure it's due to the daytime running light requirement we have in Canada.

If someone has, or knows where to find the wiring diagram for the Canadian 2005 Focus I could figure out the mod - anyone know where to get the diagram?

Thanks!

#17 ·

Bump.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 2005 Focus with daytime running lights?

Thanks.

Like I was saying, my fuse/relay box looks different, and I'm sure it's due to the daytime running light requirement we have in Canada.

If someone has, or knows where to find the wiring diagram for the Canadian 2005 Focus I could figure out the mod - anyone know where to get the diagram?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.