Ford Focus Forum banner

Coolant Leak

22K views 60 replies 28 participants last post by  ch47chinookfe 
#1 ·
I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!

Hahahahaha, anyway I recently found out I have SEVERE coolant leak. Saw I was low the other day, bought some from WalMart and the next morning it was under the car. I raced it down to a small sliver cap-like thing on what looks to be a pump on the right-side (facing the rear) of the engine. Anyone else have this problem, and "quick" fixes? Or is it back to the dealer, because the lack of warranty makes DIY more attractive. Thanks.

CCC

#4 · (Edited)
Well I replaced my two o-rings today, and the CEL came on after i started it up again. I am curious cuz I did have to unhook one sensor (temp sensor), but I don't see why it would be acting up. It seems like the car is running on the limp mode, but I am not sure. I drained all of the coolant and then refilled it afterwards with 50anti/50water ?

Any ideas? I have unhooked my battery in hopes of resetting the ECU, but I am not sure what else might help if that doesn't.

#5 ·
No clue. Mine was great after changing the o-rings.

Greg

#6 ·
what is the code for the CEL?

#13 ·
Betcha the gas needle went to 'E' alot faster :)

Greg

#15 ·
My svtf does the same . Where do I get these new o-rings. Sory I have to ask But I usually use focusfanatics forums under the same name as well. They just talk about the problem and cant find out where to get the o-rings. Or I just cant find the correct thread . Help will be appreciated .:)

#16 · (Edited)
I have them available.

You can send me a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) and $3 and I will send you a couple of both the #203 and #109 O-rings.

My address is:
Brian Hult
11 Highland Avenue East
Braintree, MA 02184-1605

#18 ·
svtturttle said:
These are the o-rings for the silver plug under the t-stat housing ? Why is there two different sizes? Answer these questions and you can win an envelope inside an envelope with postage and I will send you two dollars for being so helpful. do we have a winner. he he:eek:
Aluminum plug on bottom uses the #203

Temperature sensor on top uses the #109

(Info provided free of charge) ;)

#22 ·
Hey all...I thought I had a temporary fix for this problem, but looking at my coolant tank and its current stateof emptiness lets me know otherwise. I'm wondering if anyone has a few more of those o-rings mentioned in this thread since they're purchased in bulk I'd rather pay a few buck for a bunch than the price for a couple hundred! If you can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

CCC

#23 ·
Does this mean that Brian got rid of all his? If not I've got an SASE waiting to go...

#24 · (Edited)
Hey all. I am ordered some more. So if you want them I can take a SASE and $3.

I will send you 2 of each, these are Viton and should not be an issue in the future, but I have found that this o-ring is also useful for curing the VCT-sensor oil leak as well so a couple spares should suffice.

So as of today I have 25 sets available. First come first serve.

#25 ·
When the dealership replaced my Thermostat housind they couldnt find the O-ring for the silver plug so they stuck a ZX3 sensor in the hole. It's the same size and guess what no more leak. I know it's strange but it works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.