Ford Focus Forum banner

2006(& 2007) Focus Suspension Changes!! Discuss here!

33K views 146 replies 40 participants last post by  teamDFL 
#1 ·
Z63R said:
The differences with the '06 cars are the front steering knuckle's strut bore size, the front strut's o.d. at the bottom where it fits the knuckle's bore, the strut's spring saddle, the coil and coil perch.

This is all very new news to us, so... one person guesses the stuff is sourced from the C1 Focus platform via the Mazda 3. This is speculation at this point (and we haven't even really scrutinized the rear suspension on these cars)...

Here are the four threads (did I miss one?) dealing with this suspension change, from the oldest to the newest:

'06 ST - H&R springs do not fit !!!

KYB's dont fit on 06 Focus

What are us 2006-ers to do?

06 Suspension

svt springs on an 06 Focus
Since this appears to be a hot topic, let's keep the subject matter and facts confined to this space. 1...2...3... GO!

#2 ·
Re: 2006 Focus Suspension Changes!! Discuss here!

Steeda has springs for an '06 that lower I believe 2.2 and 2.5 inches and Eibach has there pro kit springs for the '06 also.

#3 ·

tymeks said:
Steeda has springs for an '06 that lower I believe 2.2 and 2.5 inches and Eibach has there pro kit springs for the '06 also.
Any idea who carries the pro kit for the 06? I talked to tire rack they told me they cant get em yet

#6 ·

Let us make this clear, when you talk about the 06, if it is before the change put 06v1.0 if it is after the change (the problem people are having) put 06v2.0 Just an idea. If the Eibach fits the 06v2.0, I think I will go with that... Does it fit?

-Ryan

#8 ·

Well I got some springs in for the 06 Focus. More are on order, the website will be updated with the new products.

#11 ·

Just so you guys know 06 Eibach sportlines will be avaible in a few months

#12 ·

bryst06 said:
Just so you guys know 06 Eibach sportlines will be avaible in a few months

I have the 06 eibach sportlines in Stock.......

#20 ·

someone needs to find a wrecked 06 and a wrecked mazda 3 and see if the parts fit

#21 ·

I believe that all H&R stuff will not fit the '06 yet as there is a different suspension change and I havn't heard from H&R yet about them releasing anything.

-Ryan

#22 ·

i've sent email after email to tein, and haven't gotten one reply

#24 ·

Unfortunately that doesn't answer the real question:

Did Ford pluck parts from the C1 parts bin to use on the front of the '06 Focus?

It seems since nobody can come up with an answer that I might put a call to the local Mazda parts dept and ask them if I can measure some 3 front struts and compare them to 06 Focus front struts.

#25 ·

carlfreddy!

It seems since nobody can come up with an answer that I might put a call to the local Mazda parts dept and ask them if I can measure some 3 front struts and compare them to 06 Focus front struts.
Please, don't let that stop you.

The base of the pre-06 front strut measures 1.790 inch in dia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.