Ford Focus Forum banner

07-08 focus sedan pics

41K views 125 replies 60 participants last post by  silver00foc 
#1 ·
sorry for the poor quality guys. I was in Dearborn for lunch, and this passed us. For the record any other camera > my phone! :lol:

I can say that there is obvious changes afoot. new front, rear, and even the sides have a bit of different sculpting on them. Also, the exhaust on this one was about the size of a ping-pong ball. diesel? couldn't tell from sound if so.

See less See more
#7 ·
Oh at least its a pretty decent make-over...I just hope the Interior is fixed too

And if you dont like it just have to wait till 2010MY to get the C2 :lol:

#8 ·
My point is...the unfortunate Americanization of what was a European-inspired creation keeps on progressing.

I know, the C170 is a great chassis, and the C1 is not the be-all, end-all platform, and we're getting the next-gen platform in a few years, blah blah blah, but the current U.S. Focus continues to go down an undesirable path.

#9 ·
Focused said:
My point is...the unfortunate Americanization of what was a European-inspired creation keeps on progressing.

I know, the C170 is a great chassis, and the C1 is not the be-all, end-all platform, and we're getting the next-gen platform in a few years, blah blah blah, but the current U.S. Focus continues to go down an undesirable path.
How can you POSSIBLY tell that from a fully-camo'd cell phone picture?

#10 ·
FocusOnPunk said:
How can you POSSIBLY tell that from a fully-camo'd cell phone picture?
He can't, but it is inevitable anyway... With the exception of the brief shining moments of the Duratec and the SVT, the C170 Focus has gone downhill since its North American inception... how is another Americanized makeover POSSIBLY going to make it any better?

If the hatch and wagon truly disappear, it'll be junk anyway. Why throw away 30% of your small car buyer market? I'm not going to buy some Americanized two-box sedan/coupe.

#11 ·
were gonna have to face it one day... if we want it that bad, were gonna have to move to europe.

were to stupid over here to ever have something nice for us.
gas is going up and up and up. and these idiots are still going out and buying the biggest v8 they can find.

we are stupid.

#17 ·
OmniFocus said:
If the hatch and wagon truly disappear, it'll be junk anyway. Why throw away 30% of your small car buyer market? I'm not going to buy some Americanized two-box sedan/coupe.
This isn't directed to anyone in partuclar but its just how I feel about the subject..

I guess Ford can't please everyone. I think many people are denial when it comes to the Focus...its just another ****ing car with small group of "enthusiast's" (who mostly bought the car because it was cheap and have zero loyalty to it, since they have the attention span of a nat) that don't mean jack-squat to Ford in the grand scheme of things. If you don't like move on to something else. Don't make it out like its the end of your little world. Its just 2-3K lbs of Metal that gets where you goto.

Flame away

#19 ·
OmniFocus said:
He can't, but it is inevitable anyway... With the exception of the brief shining moments of the Duratec and the SVT, the C170 Focus has gone downhill since its North American inception... how is another Americanized makeover POSSIBLY going to make it any better?

Period. :)

It's not so much the look, but the "bigger picture" that is bothersome.

Though, the look doesn't help either.

#21 ·
the 07 is already out, so that would be an 08. i can see the chrome bar grille and me likey

#23 ·
I saw one of those at a gas station here a while back. It was exactly the same as the '06/'07 Focus as far as the ass end was concerned, yet it had the Fusion style 3-bar chrome grille. This was a 5-door hatch BTW. I just cant see Ford killing the ZX3/ZX5... it's their number one seller in Europe. Anyway, I never have my camera with me when I see cool ****. It sucks!

#24 ·
06ZX4SE said:
I just cant see Ford killing the ZX3/ZX5... it's their number one seller in Europe.
Emphasis added^

When are people going to realize that Ford is a business trying to make money. Businesses don't make money producing products that don't sell.

When the Focus was first introduced to the US Ford brought in all the models they had in Europe. It seems like Americans preffered 4 doors so they then introduced the ZX5. But sales still favored sedans over hatchbacks.

That combined with the decision to move all Focus production to one location makes a good business case for getting rid of some models.

Maybe you hatchback guys should have tried harder to convince your Honda buddys to buy a Focus instead.

#25 ·
SilverSVT said:
This isn't directed to anyone in partuclar but its just how I feel about the subject..

I guess Ford can't please everyone. I think many people are denial when it comes to the Focus...its just another ****ing car with small group of "enthusiast's" (who mostly bought the car because it was cheap and have zero loyalty to it, since they have the attention span of a nat) that don't mean jack-squat to Ford in the grand scheme of things. If you don't like move on to something else. Don't make it out like its the end of your little world. Its just 2-3K lbs of Metal that gets where you goto.

Flame away

they are not pleasing anyone, thats the ****ing point, they are throwing awy 30% of the Focus's ****ty market share. This ass backward thinking will kill this company. when wayne goes to 1 shift, again you will know I am right, and again you are wrong.

FYI 30% of your sales /= "enthusiast" and "enthusiast" pay retail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.