Ford Focus Forum banner

this week's hop up *pics*

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Ray 
#1 ·
This week's best project is a rarely seen S line Audi TT.

Here is the power adder of choice:

It to4 hours to get to this point, and the labor guide agrees. :lol:

heres all the crap that had to come off just to get the intake manifold off. Other things you cant see are the AC compressor and PS pump left hanging in the car.

About another 3 hours should get the cams installed and another 2-3 to get it all put back to normal. Then its onto the SS brake lines and brake job. And of course, the shakedown. :evilgrin:

See less See more
#3 ·
I hope you love your job cause thats awesome that you get to make those kinds of cars better

#4 · (Edited)
They are nice, but INSANELY expensive, i'd rather have a 1.8T though and go for the po'wa!
Although I've seen a TT 3.2 and it was very, very fast. I think the turbo kit was like 8k plus install....
-bix

#6 ·
sleeperlove said:
I hope you love your job cause thats awesome that you get to make those kinds of cars better

I wouldnt trade this job for anything. :cool:

hkysk8r07 said:
heh i'm suprised you haven't had to drop out the whole damn engine to do that. it seems you gotta take it out to do everything to that car
you have to do a TON of stuff to get the intake manifold off. R&R on the mani alone is 6 hours. 3.5 for the camshafts.

biscuitninja said:
They are nice, but INSANELY expensive, i'd rather have a 1.8T though...
the 225 1.8t's are very very nice. They are plenty powerfull and an APR tune really brings them to lfe. This engine however is a whole nother monster. It makes torque for days. The duration on the cam lobes are HUGE. After the installation of these new shafts plus the multiple mods already done to this car, its going to be an amazing track car. The owner races this car frequently. He has been to just about every driving school and alot of audi events. I'm sure he'll put all this to good use. ;)

I need to have this car done by friday because next week Im doing a stage 3 upgrade on an S4. I will be pulling the engine to replace the turbos with K04s and also upgrade the injectors and clutch. All said and done, it will be pushing 30psi of boost and making almost 500 hp. pics to follow. :cool:

Project NSX is still going. waiting on more parts. updates to follow.

#7 ·
TXFO said:
I need to have this car done by friday because next week Im doing a stage 3 upgrade on an S4. I will be pulling the engine to replace the turbos with K04s and also upgrade the injectors and clutch. All said and done, it will be pushing 30psi of boost and making almost 500 hp. pics to follow. :cool:

Ohhh, comfort and speed! I would inquire how much it cost, but i'd be afraid, well ok, maybe not. But buying a S4 is a tad on the expensive side.
-bix

#10 ·
There are times when I wish I wasn't so averse to getting my hands dirty.

You have an amazing job. I hope that you have enough time to do things like that for yourself.

:thumbup:

#14 ·
Very nice-looking car - and will be even nicer.

I see that he has my tires- GSD3s. Interesting that this is going to be a track car - but so many of the comments I see on them are like "too-soft sidewalls" and "prone to tread-chunking," etc. Apparently this guy doesn't think so...:)

The combo of their wet-track capabilities and Quattro will make this thing a rainy-day monster.

#15 ·
biscuitninja said:
Ohhh, comfort and speed! I would inquire how much it cost, but i'd be afraid, well ok, maybe not. But buying a S4 is a tad on the expensive side.
-bix

My friend has bi-turbo S4 Avant with the K04s on it. Dynoed at 480something on 100 octane. I think she might sell it to the right bidder (ie: not too much $$). It's blue with the blueberry alcantarra on the seats from the factory, Kenwood system, 19" wheels, StopTech brakes, etc. Interested? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.