Ford Focus Forum banner

500 hp focus and other tuner cars?

9K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  focaljet-1 
#1 ·
ok so we've heard about focus sports car at the track but tell me about some of the other cars. like this 500 hp monster or what f2 had to show. and how bout marcy motorsport and power works? I work on weekends now and didn't make sat or sunday but i came by on fri hoping to see some action. looked like people were just settin up though.

#2 ·
Marcys car was not there, although he did offer it up for Saturday. Sold out show however so I could have driven it no matter. Its a screamer, but not 500hp. I would guess low 300s normal asperation

We were there with the Mustangs, had one that was 500hp, at least till about 11:45am then it was -0- hp

#3 ·
Our 2005 SEMA car is at Gillis Motorsport getting some new things done too it. So it could not make it. But Andrew's race car was there but when you came by it was in the trailer.

This was more of track day than a show day, I was testing some parts on a C6 vette I had there and also an M3. My RS was there, if that counts.

But ya Marcy was not there and no one has brought that up yet:dunno:

#7 ·
f2focus said:
Our 2005 SEMA car is at Gillis Motorsport getting some new things done too it. So it could not make it. But Andrew's race car was there but when you came by it was in the trailer.

This was more of track day than a show day, I was testing some parts on a C6 vette I had there and also an M3. My RS was there, if that counts.

But ya Marcy was not there and no one has brought that up yet:dunno:
Maybe he just couldn't make it. Theres no reason to start a mud slinging over it. I'm sure if your concerned you could PM him and he'd tell you why he wasn't there.

#9 ·
ZX3autoxtasy said:
Maybe he just couldn't make it. Theres no reason to start a mud slinging over it. I'm sure if your concerned you could PM him and he'd tell you why he wasn't there.
Who is starting anything, just asking as other's asked me at Jetfest!

#11 ·
thekrux said:
nah there was a guy saying he had some 500 hp focus and he was gonna take everyone to town with it. can't remember his name. anyone know who im talkin about?
The car you're talking about didn't make it. From what I was told the car wasn't ready for JF2 and he's sponsorship didn't work out. Soooooo it was a no show. His screenname is liggersnow.

#13 ·
thekrux said:
nah there was a guy saying he had some 500 hp focus and he was gonna take everyone to town with it. can't remember his name. anyone know who im talkin about?
talking is one thing, same with HP,
its more about what a driver can do, perfect example is Raffi from FocusSport, he is a man of few words and but he blew the socks off most of the cars on the track :evilgrin:

#16 ·
JCMRacing #37 said:
Wasn't there a Zetec powered car (red) that was supposedly make 420ish HP? I didn't get to check it out, but I heard that from several people.
yea, i believe his name is kleric.

#19 ·
TribalFocus said:
dont you just love how people just rush to judgement,

if they only new

:screwy:
I'm not rushing judgement, his post just seemed to call out another person that seems to have had some rough times. If someone was doing that towards him, I'd do the same. It just seems weird when sponsors bring up other sponsors and their issues...kinda a Tom thing to do.

#20 ·
BUR_ZX3 said:
I had heard that the week leading up to JF, Walter had a nasty battle with the Flu, and the Flu won.
Ya plus some sort of tooth issue, he offered me his Focus Friday after the Mustang snapped its crank in half, but no way to run it with a sold out event. No need to push things at the event, we still had the S197 there and a suspension system switch on the black car to test against the white car

Looks like Walter will be building a very nice Boss Block 304Z headed Vortech blown, purpose built for Time Attack. Look for the build(s) in Modified Mustangs starting with the september issue, I get the horrable fate of running the crap out of it and seeing what gives over multiple issues with leakdown tests and compression tests.

Poor me:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.