Ford Focus Forum banner

Best AWD car for under $15K?

18K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  S. on Da 5 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting a used car. I am looking for something that looks good, fun to drive, and will be ok in winter with snow and such. My budget is somewhere less than $15k. I can go more, but then I wouldn't be able to spend more money on it.

I plan to mod it down the road but keep it mostly stock for a while. Perhaps a nice set of wheels, intake, and exhaust out of the gate.

Anyone have anything they know of?

#2 ·
Suby 2.5RS coupe if you can find one with decent miles. Almost always under $10k.

I always wanted an old ass AMC Eagle station wagon.

Wait until next year to get the Suzuki whateveryacallit (SX4?) for about that price brand new, with warranty?

#3 ·
I second the suby 2.5 RS... try to find an old boxy style one (like 1998 ish), they're lighter and quicker. OR if you want, you could find a 2002+ Impreza RS or TS. They're a sedan and wagon, respectively, and are quite nice inside.

Dead nuts reliable too.

98' ish 2.5 RS

02+ TS, RS styling

#5 ·
A new 2007 Imprezza 2.5i lists for $18K IIRC---add in a rebate and account for the fact that its year-end close out time, and I bet that you could get a brand new car with a warranty for darn close to your goal.

#7 · (Edited)
#9 ·
WinnipegZX3 said:
I would say DSM, but you did say you wanted to actually drive it.

Stealth/3kgt... kinda dsmish, but they usually run and are all around much nicer. lol. My car is fun to drive for being the tank that it is and no one expects it to have the high 12 second power that it does. Gas mileage is not very good, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.