Ford Focus Forum banner

How's the spare/jack go?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  RallyScarredFocus 
#1 ·
Can someone take a pic or two of how the spare, jack and parts are supposed to go on the SVT? I was missing all that stuff and now have it, but am unsure of the proper installation in the trunk. Thanks!

#2 ·
Its the same as in the sedan so i would check your SE (not trying to be a smart a** i just happened to notice they were the same when i changed my friends tire the other day)

Put the jack up as much as you can to fit it snugly in the inside of the spares rim and lets it sit flat then drop it all in and tighten the screw up...thats about all there is too it

#3 ·
RyanDunn said:
Its the same as in the sedan so i would check your SE (not trying to be a smart a** i just happened to notice they were the same when i changed my friends tire the other day)

Put the jack up as much as you can to fit it snugly in the inside of the spares rim and lets it sit flat then drop it all in and tighten the screw up...thats about all there is too it
My 08 didn't come with a spare, it came with an inflator/fix a flat kit.

Reading the owners guide, I think I found that the foam part doesn't go in the SVT, that's for sedans/wagons only.

#7 ·
Hmm, I've always wondered about the foam myself. I've owned my car since new, and for the life of me, I can NOT remember if mine had it or not. I want to say it did and that I (for whatever) for some reason was cleaning out my car, and took it out. Then I when I was putting everything back in, I think I threw it away. But I can't exactly remember if it came with it from the factory. :( I know this has been discussed before somewhere though......

*hits search button*

To Be Continued...

-Matt

#8 ·
Reedicus26 said:
Not to hijack too much, but what is the size of the SVT spare tire? I have a ZX3 with SVT brakes and don't think my spare will fit over the front SVT caliper.
My spare is a 15 so i have to take off my back wheel and then replace my front with the back wheel i just took off to have everything fit right.

Its also i good idea to do that anyway so your axles are not trying to spin at different rpms because the size is wrong. On the back it makes no difference because the wheels just freewheel

#11 ·
My car had the foam in the back when I bought it. I remember seeing it when I was in the showroom checking the car out and looking at the spare tire.

I picked the car up the next day and it took me a few days after that to have an occasion to use the hatch. Then, to my horror, I saw lumpy carpet. The dealership stole my styrofoam!!!!

I called them and told them to give my styrofoam back but they said it was packaging and not a piece of the car. I knew that was wrong but I couldn't be bothered to argue with some dimwit over the phone who had no clue what he was talking about.

Wiscasset Ford owes me $40 worth of Styrofoam!

#12 ·
You have to make sure that the jack is opend just enough so that the thumb screw hole lines up and not opend too much so it clears the tire. It is a PITA.

For the longest time, it was the only jack that would fit under my car so I have gotten pretty good at it. :lol:

-spatakula

#15 ·
Spatakula said:
You have to make sure that the jack is opend just enough so that the thumb screw hole lines up and not opend too much so it clears the tire. It is a PITA.

For the longest time, it was the only jack that would fit under my car so I have gotten pretty good at it. :lol:

-spatakula
yeah that jack IS a PITA..... right now I have lumpy carpet in the sedan :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.