I have a 2002 Focus ZX5 with a stock 2.0 Zetec. The motor just turned over to 120k and I am planning to replace the timing belt and associated components. While making the parts list, I found a wide array of brand, prices and list of parts. So, I have a few questions:
1) Which band of timing belt kit: Ford Motorcraft, Gates, ACDelco or Cloyes?
2) Does this motor have one or two idlers? Kits are available with one or two.
3) Which brand water pump: Ford Motorcraft, Gates, Bosch, ACDelco?
4) According to the Haynes manual, it is necessary to loosen the cam-shaft pulleys. Why not simply set the engine to TDC and replace the belt?
5) While in-there, I am considering replacing the aux belt tensioner. How long are these good for? I replaced the belt at 100k.
6) Is it a good idea to replace the cooling system hoses while the cooling system is open?
7) Is a puller needed to remove the crankshaft timing belt pulley?