Ford Focus Forum banner

dpfe sensor

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  murderedfocus 
#1 ·
when the dpfe sensor goes out what happens to your car

#3 ·
#4 ·
thanks for the help but that is not whats wrong with my car i cant figure it out to save my life:dunno::(. ive got a messed up idle and cant figure out whats causeing it. every once in a while like maybe once a week it will run right then once i turn it off and turn it back on it will be messed up again. i replaced a collapsed hose check the egr system the vaccum system and even sprayed brake cleaner to find a leak.

#7 ·
More of a hanging rev problem, sounds like it might be a TPS, which is on the side of your throttle body.

TPS:
When your TPS seems to be acting up, your idle
could fluctuate up and down. people say to remove it
and start your car if it runs better, problem found.

Also some great info about the DPFE issues the focus has:
http://www.focushacks.com/?modid=80&ht=DPFE Sensor and EGR Information

Try taking the TPS off and let us know if it was the problem.

Just a thought, it could also be your MAF. The cars do all sorts of buggy things when they get dirty. Get some proper MAF cleaner, take the tube off the thottle body, and off of the airbox and clean it (follow directions, MAF's are expensive).

Just for kicks after you try the TPS and MAF, if neither of them work, what happens if you unplug your battery and reset your computer (other than having to reset your radio).

PS, there is a Tech forum which would be a little better to post in with these kind of questions. I won't hold it against you since you're new. Good luck!

I did have a similar problem, got fed up and finally just bought the DPFE and replaced it. Bingo! Feels like a new car!

If you need parts buy from Steve at Tousley, he's a sponsor, and his discount more than offsets the cost of shipping.

#8 ·
hey man thanks for all the info. i did clean the maf with crc maf cleaner. i have a tps comeing in from my local ford dealer i couldnt get the right one for my car at the parts stores around here they kept ordering the wrong part. but ill get that tps put in and ill let you know how it worked. thanks again for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.