Ford Focus Forum banner

exhaust leak?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  happyhands 
#1 ·
After i put my F2 header and flex pipe on i have this sound. it sound just like an exhaust leak. But i have had many deff. people look at the car and know one can find a leak. has any body had this same thing happen to them? i didnt change my gasket. wherr then header and head meet. Could this be the problem? The exhasut might not be leaking until its under a hard load? is this something that could happen? Thanks for all help..this sound is killing me! ive been chasing it for over a week..

#2 ·
ive heard that the f2 flex pipe doesnt give enough resulting in flex pipe and header joint having a leaking issue under hard throttle. mite want to check that spot out. i know my OBX had a leak there when i removed it.

#4 ·
^^ and if thats the case, a friend of mine just got a 2.5" flex pipe made for him, and no more gasket issues! his is on a 09 SES

#6 ·
Mine does the same thing. I am pretty sure it is the flexpipe. I already called Ricardo and he is looking into it.

#7 ·
i have the same problem on my 04, i think its the flex pipe, from the back of the flex to the first piece of the exhaust. on my roush exhaust it kept doin it so to eliminiate the possibility of the exhaust system being the problem i picked up a focus sport system and it still does it.

super annoying, ricardo said he was going to get me another flex pipe but havent heard back from him yet on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.