Ford Focus Forum banner

Removing the SVT Headers

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  DreamDetail 
#1 ·
so, how does everyone go about removing their headers so they can heat wrap them? Do they pull out easily from the top? If so i would have to remove the whole supercharger assembly and to do that i'd have to remove the power steering pump. Which wouldn't be hard, just very time consuming so i want to make sure it will work.

#2 ·
Well, how I remove my HEADER (no "s") is:

- Un-clip the 4 tabs holding the fans on. Disconnect two power harnesses. Drop fans.
- Unscrew the 6 or so 8mm bolts holding on the heat shield
- Pull heat shield out the bottom
- Remove dipstick and tube
- Unbolt the 10 or so bolts holding on the header
- Unbolt the header from the cat
- Drop it out the bottom

#3 ·
any need to replace the dipstick tube and/or o-ring/gasket at the bottom of it? IK that I will need to get new gaskets for the header.

#4 ·
Nope, no need to get any new gaskets. The header gasket is metal...it lasts pretty much forever unless you burn it up for some odd reason.

#10 ·
I got them out last night. I tried dropping the fan out but to push it over the clips the supercharger had to come out. So.... Dropped the power steering pump so i could take the passenger side bracket off for the supercharger. Unbolted the driverside bracket for the supercharger. Removed all hoses and lines to the supercharger and removed the supercharger. Moved some coolant hoses around to get the fan out. Dropped the fan. Finished unbolting the header, dropped it out of the bottom of the car. Started wrapping and then realized that i didn't buy enough exhaust wrap. :bang: overnighting some wrap from Summit Racing. so i'll have time to put the car back together before i leave for Knoxville next thursday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.