Hoping to get some feedback. I live in Alaska and there's no dealer here, in fact I'd have to ship the car on a boat to get to the nearest one.
Stats on car:
2003 Focus SE 4 door 2.0 L motor
- 104,000 miles
- new engine mounts
- new brakes
- power steering pinion leak
- exhaust leak was fixed 2 years ago, ran rough ever since
- use synthetic/high mileage oil
- mix cheap gas (safeway, fred meyer-kroger) but used mid/high grade Shell/Chevron for last 3,000 miles
- new battery
- hasn't been in shop for "check-up"
- new spark plugs 3 years ago
Car still shakes a bit and runs rough, even at idle. Also when at speed, it seems to sputter/lose power.
any thoughts? I'm looking at getting a new DPFE sensor and fuel filter, and stop using the cheap a@#$* fuel and going with Tesoro mid-high grade.
thanks in advance!