Ford Focus Forum banner

ford focus 2002 1.8 tddi endura engine how many oil litters

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Indecision 
#1 ·
Hi there mates. I just changed oild before a few days and today when i check the level.. i see that oil is away from maximum.. i've been told that i must put 6 litters if i change oil filter as well.. but in my case i used 5.5 litters... today after the check i did, seems that even 5.5 litters are too much... 1 centimeter from the maximum point...
what should i do? and what is the right quantity of oil that i must have inside my engine? thank you in advance

#3 ·
i check the book manual and says 6 litters but even in teh morning when i check oil on my engine i see that the line is up 1 cm from maximum point.. i also changed filter last time i changed oild.. my car works ok but i am afraid that it will do any harm to my engine... i run a diesel tddi 1.8 endura engine..

#4 ·
In my experience, a lot of owners manuals give a lower number than you actually need to put in. Typically 1/2 a quart. Go off the dipstick though. If you don't have enough, add some more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.