Ford Focus Forum banner

What motorsports do you watch?

2K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  MattHarrell 
#1 ·
Been thinking that since we're a car enthusiat forum that some of you might enjoy watching some racing on tv. Myself, I watch ALMS, F1, WRC and IRL.

#2 ·
Australian V8 Supercars
IndyCars
NASCAR
Formula 1
MotoGP
ALMS
Grand Am

Those are the big ones I watch on a regular basis.

#9 ·
WRC when available
NASCAR Sprint Cup
Grand-Am Rolex
Grand-Am Continental Tire
Australian V8 Supercars
F1
A bit of ALMS

I absolutely love V8 Supercars, those Ford Falcons are incredible and the racing is the most exciting competition on television. So excited that they will be racing 6 races annually in Austin, TX, starting in 2013.

#10 ·
Grand-Am Rolex
Grand-Am Continental Tire Challenge
WRC
ALMS
World Challenge

I would watch more if it were televised on "normal" channels (i.e., not Internet sites). I don't have time to fart around with trying to get that **** working on my PS3, and the one time I tried it, it looked like crap. If I can't DVR it and watch it later, forget about it. This results in many missed ALMS races because of their dumbass coverage plan this year.

#15 ·
Am I the only one who likes short course trucks and buggies? Actually, I could care less about the race, I just watch it for the 5 second per episode of Keli Snyder, she's purdy.

I also like Dakar when it's on and any Baja coverage. ROC is fun to watch too, and I'll watch some drifting if I can find it. I do have X-Games set to record, I hope the rally course doesn't suck like last year.

#16 ·
Sprint Cup
Nationwide
Camping World Trucks
Grand Am Rolex
Contanetial Sports Car
IndyCar
ALMS
World Challenge
F1
BTCC
24hr LeMans

I'd rather go to an off road race at Crandon then watch it on tv.

#18 ·
My DVR is set to record:

- F1
- ALMS
- Grand Am Rolex
- Grand Am Continential Tire series
- Ausi V8 SuperCars
- BTCC
- DTM
- WRC

And lets not forget Top Gear, Tosh.O and Conan :lol:

#19 ·
Anything that does not turn only left. I do watch drag racing at the pro level and local races. Offshore powerboat racing. Karting when I can find it.

#20 ·
I'm with you. Can't stand NASCAR :lol:

#21 ·
OK, now it's time to start the debate about which one is the purest test of diver skill. We know that all of them require a lot of skill and experience to be good, but which one is toughest.

Of course, I say it's WRC. To win a championship you have to be good on all surfaces. You don't drive the same corners over and over again. The driver's brain has to be totally focused on the words of the co-driver, there's is very little margin for error. I'd also say it's the most exciting to watch.

After saying that, I must point out that the lower levels of rally put me to sleep. When they show the Rally World show and go through all S2000, and the junior stuff and academy drivers. I'd love the chance to compete at those entry levels, but I have no interest in watching it on TV. That Australian girl is sure cute though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.