Is your 2012 Focus (auto) having transmission problems yet? - Page 8
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Rock Auto

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Is your 2012 Focus (auto) having transmission problems yet?

We have a '12 Ford Focus...Where do I begin. Got it at 30k miles, we've now driven to about 63k. I noticed it shifted funny when we got it but was told that's how dual clutches shift and not to worry. And it wasn't a big deal to start with, it just jumped forward when trying to accelerate at low speeds and there was the rare, occasional jerk when getting up to speed. Around 50k miles is when it went to crap which is also when we moved to a city with a lot of stop and go traffic instead of highways. It jerks and shudders when accelerating from stops, idles poorly, has STALLED on us twice. Came to a dead stop rolling into a parking spot one night. The RPMs will bounce up and down at highway speeds. When going around tight corners, it'll slow down, then when coming out of the turn, the car revs really high and leaps forward. Very unsafe. I called Ford about it when I heard about the extended warranty to replace the clutch and I have now been waiting three months to hear back, calling at least once every 2 weeks to make sure they don't dip on me. Finally taking the car in on Tuesday. I have low expectations for this being a fix. I wonder if the transmission is already shot with all the jerking and shuddering. That'll probably be the next thing to need replacing and Ford better cover it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    FocalJet.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys new to this forum. I recently bought a 13 se hatch with 21k on it and when i got it i knew something wasn't right with the Trans so i got the premium care from ford. (Bought my car certified) and they had it in the shop to fix a couple cosmetic errors from ford and i made an appointment with the service to check out the Trans. That was yesterday, (Monday April 27th) just got a call from them today saying there is a major issue with my transmission and they'll need my car for at least a week. Hopefully fixing the issue.
    Anyway, my biggest issue had only happened a handful of times since i got the car 3 months ago. On low speeds light acceleration from stop lights/signs and only while turning that is happened, it'll seem to kick out of gear and start grinding. Plus a huge shudder when lightly accelerating.
    I'll keep updating when i know more. Probably later this week.

My history, before i bought my car i test drove 4 other 13 focus se's with roughly the same mileage 20-30k and they all did the same thing so i thought it was normal. Did a ton of research on these trans and found out the common issues. Really wanted a manual because of these issues, but the wife cant drive stick. Tried teaching her but no avail.
    I test drove a brand new 14 focus and it was smooth as silk. Thats when i knew my trans had some problems.
    Last edited by cody5127; Apr 28, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

I have a 2015 Ford Focus bought new a year ago tomorrow. It has a dual clutch transmission which has had problems since day one. Two days ago a new clutch was put in per the order of a Ford Field Service Engineer as the old one was confirmed by him to be bad. Now my car chirps loudly on every left turn and was not doing that before the new clutch was installed. What have they done to my car?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678