2016 SE EcoBoost Start-Stop not working
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

FJ Gear Store

Rookie

Default 2016 SE EcoBoost Start-Stop not working

Hi Folks, is anyone else having issues with the auto start-stop feature on the 1 liter ecoboost? I've owned the car for 4 months now and it has never activated while I sit at a stoplight. The theory is when you pull up to a stop with the car in neutral, the engine should shut down until the clutch is depressed again to restart. There is a little indicator that comes on the dash that shows it is ready but it never activates. From what I read, it's likely a low battery that causes this but the car has no symptoms of a low battery, I drive it several times a week, and the battery is 4 months old. Is there anything obvious I should be looking for before I resort to the dealer? Thanks a lot.
    Blue Candy '16 Focus EcoBoost 6 spd

2. Remove Advertisements
    FocalJet.com
    Advertisements

Senior TEAM Member AtBlue5spZX3's Avatar

Default Re: 2016 SE EcoBoost Start-Stop not working

That's weird, mine always does (when I forget to turn it off, which I always try to do). Only weird thing I saw once when the car was hot in an Arby's drive through it came back on automatically, I'm assuming because the fans were drawing too much power.

I wonder if you only driving it periodically has the computer keeping the car running to power the alternator or the keep the battery from drawing too much. My car turns 8 months old and already has 20500 miles.
    www.nra.org
    2016 Ford Focus SE 1.0 Ecoboost manual
    "Because you need me! Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king!" -Sideshow Bob Terwilliger

Rookie

Default Re: 2016 SE EcoBoost Start-Stop not working

Definitely possible. 4 months and I just hit 3000 miles this weekend. I primarily drive on weekends so it seems possible that might have an effect on the computer or battery. I spoke with the dealer this morning and they had never heard of the issue so I'll likely bring it in soon for a look.
    Blue Candy '16 Focus EcoBoost 6 spd