Timing procedure ? 2.0
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Rock Auto

Default Timing procedure ? 2.0

Hi I am new to the forum. I am trying to verify the timing tools and procedure for a 2010 focus 2.0. Thank you if you can help.
    Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    FocalJet.com
    Advertisements

Rookie

Default Re: Timing procedure ? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by bdymnjm View Post
    Hi I am new to the forum. I am trying to verify the timing tools and procedure for a 2010 focus 2.0. Thank you if you can help.
    Jim
    Massivespeed sells a duratec timing kit. It consists of a cam timing lock tool and anot aluminum crank counterweight stop.
    Cylinder 1 TDC, lock in place, make sure if you had the cams out or caps off they go back in the correct place and orientation, the cam tool will get it very close with stock cams but you can verify with an indicator on the lobe. If you had the cam gears off they will need
    To be torqued in position with the chain on DO Not torque with the cam tool in the back of the cams they WILL break. There are flats on the cam between the center lobes for a reason, a friend holding the cam in place while you torque is the way to go.

The crank bolt is held by torque ONLY just like the cams
    Put the crank pulley on and clock it at 6 o clock where it lines up with the threaded hole on the block. This bolt shouldn't be reused and is torqued to 200+ ft lbs

Double check that your tensioner and guides are in place and working properly. Double check your self, rolling the motor over by hand is never a bad idea afterwards.

Thanks. That seems to be how I did it. The crankshaft stop tool is a pin that screwed all the way into the rear of block and at tdc for #1 the crankshaft can hardly move, maybe just a tiny bit back and forth 1 degree or less. Is that correct or are there different tools for this engine?

5. Remove Advertisements
    FocalJet.com
    Advertisements

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by bdymnjm View Post
    Thanks. That seems to be how I did it. The crankshaft stop tool is a pin that screwed all the way into the rear of block and at tdc for #1 the crankshaft can hardly move, maybe just a tiny bit back and forth 1 degree or less. Is that correct or are there different tools for this engine?
    This sounds correct. Double check yourself on everything and roll the motor over the correct way a few times to make sure there is no interference or anything funky going on with the guides or tensioner. Good luck!