Ford Focus Forum banner

Anyone heard of the color being changed on an ordered car?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  01sportwagon 
#1 ·
Focal Jet Family-

Ran in to some interesting stuff over the weekend (1/16/17). The GM of the stealer-ship I order my FoST-17 from asked that I come in to discuss a problem with my order. He claims that Ford back ordered the Kona Blue and my car was built with Grey. He said that Ford claimed the shortage of blue paint on a term called "Commodity".

I told him that I would not accept the car in Grey. He said that I would have to wait another 5 weeks or so for the car, but they have already ordered the correct color and have the order being expedited, because they know they can sell either car.

My hunch is, that someone fat fingered the color code on the first order. But I'm willing to be open-minded about it. Has anyone EVER heard of a color being changed due to the paint being back ordered?

#3 ·
Thanks Fleckster - I loved your Cosmic Hippo album btw

That's what I figure too. But guess what. I reviewed the second order for the correct color and found they left off the machined rims option... sigh.... you can't even GIVE these guys a sale without them screwing it up.

#5 ·
There have actually been a couple times where Kona Blue in particular was in short supply. If I recall correctly one of the primary ingredients for that color comes from Japan and after the Fukushima disaster there were supply issues.

No clue if anything like that is going on currently though.

-Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.